'Innih, such a sket.' He says sighing. Then the teacher walks in and glares at Dontae. Dontae just laughs.

'What did you do?' I whisper because Miss. looks pissed off.

'No talking!' She says looking directly at Dontae.

'Fucked up Snitch.' He says ignoring Miss. Snitch's real name is James, he's the schools snitch and no-one likes him. He thinks he can get away with anything because his mum is a teacher. The teacher we had now.

'Ohh.' I say.

'Jayda and Dontae!' Miss shouts.

'What.' Dontae says kissing his teeth.

'Sorry Miss.' I say quietly. She glares at us then goes back to whatever it was she was doing. I stay quiet for the rest of the lesson even though Dontae kept flicking me and throwing things at me.

I was walking to my locker, with my mind just blank. Literally, I wasn't thinking about anything. Then I see Jayden directly in my face.

'Hello? Jaydaa?' He says still clicking his fingers.

'Move your crusty hand man!' I say pushing his hands away then I see a scratch on his cheek. I gasp. 'What happened?!' I say touching it. He winces.

'Got into a fight.' He says shrugging. I sigh.

'What did you do?' I ask then I see Dontae down the corridor. He looks up and sees me. He winks and I roll my eyes. Then suddenly I see a scrunched up piece of paper coming towards me so I jump out the way and it hits the back of Jayden's head. I burst out laughing when I saw Dontae mouth 'shit' and try hide.

'The fuck?!' Jayden shouts screwing. He looks behind him and sees Dontae. 'Ay!' Jayden shouts and starts running after Dontae.

'Nah fam! I'm sorry innih!' Dontae shouts running out the corridor. I was still laughing when Nia and Chennai came into the corridor. They both look at me weirdly.

'Kay...den.' Nia says going to her locker. Jayden came back into the corridor with Jordan and they were both laughing and out of breath.

'He...tripped!!' Jordan says laughing. I shake my head and laugh too. Chennai and Jordan look at each other and the air fills with an awkward silence as we all look from Che to Jordan. The silence was broken when Dontae bops back into the corridor. We all laugh and he screws us individually.

'Ay, shut up. I didn't trip.' He says standing next to me.

'Nah. You fell fam!' Jordan says laughing harder.

'Shut up. Go beat Chennai.' Silence. Utter silence. Che looks distraught, Jordan looks unamused, me and Nia just look at each other and Jayden looks like he's holding in his laughter. Dontae looks like he wants to laugh too. Dontae and Jayden look at each other and that's all it takes.

They both burst out laughing. I roll my eyes at their utter stupidity. Che stomps off with tears in her eyes. Jordan groans and follows her while Dontae and Jayden continue laughing. I slap the back of Dontae's head.

'You idiot!' I hiss at him. He stops laughing abruptly.

'I dare you to slap me again.' He says. I shrug then slap him again. In a blink of an eye, he picks me up and puts me over his shoulder then starts running down the corridor.

'NOOO! I'm sorry! Dontae!!' I scream. He laughs and runs into the year 11 corridor.

Our school had a different corridor with a different theme for each year. Our corridor was meant to be grey but was more of a mouldy colour. It always had sweets and crisps wrappers everywhere and there was a fight twice a day.