Chapter 41.

‘It’s my birthday, it’s my birthday I’ma spend my moneeeey! It’s my birthday, it’s my birthday I’ma live my fantasy!’

‘It’s not your birthday! Shut up!’ Jay shouts from downstairs. I roll my eyes.

‘You’re just hating, it’s my birthday in precisely 48 hours.’ I shout back.

‘Who cares?’ He retaliates. I roll my eyes and close my door before continuing to get ready. I plug my phone into a speaker and play The Weeknd’s playlist. Often booms out causing me to immediately sing along.

‘I usually love sleeping all alone, this time around bring your friend with you.’ I sung loudly, concealing my eyebrows. I pick up my hair mousse and distribute it through my curls. ‘Ask me if I do this everyday, I said “often”.’ I sing softly.

After a struggle I managed to get my hair up into a high ponytail. I huff in annoyance as already, my baby hairs had escaped. I slickled my edges and applied purple lipstick on my lips. I was going shopping with Jay and Jaydene today as he wanted to “treat me”. I just want to know his true intentions. I slipped on my cut-out, chunky ankle boots and grabbed my bag, packing it with the essentials and an umbrella. The weather was sunny now, but you never know.

‘I’m ready Jay!’ I shout picking up my phone and turning the music off.

‘Finally!’ He says. I venture downstairs and get and apple from the kitchen. Nobody was home since it was Wednesday. It was officially the summer holidays as we had closed on Monday 21st, Jayden was already out and my parents were at work.

‘Come on Jaydene.’ I say holding her hand as we exited our house.

‘Why you got that S-H-I-T on your lips.’ Jay says, spelling out shit because of Jaydene.

‘Shut up.’ I reply as we climb into his car. He straps Jaydene into her car seat at the back before climbing in and pulling out of the parking space. ‘Can you teach me to drive?’ I ask him.

‘Yeah, when you’re 16.’ He nods. I nod too proceeding to turn the radio on. He slaps my hand away.

‘Ow!’

‘Don’t touch. I control the radio.’ I roll my eyes.

‘Please, just this once.’ I say. He grunts in response which I believe to be a yes. I pick up a wire that connects my iPhone to the radio and play The Weeknd’s playlist.

‘Why do you love this guy? He looks like a tramp.’

‘Just cos you can’t sing. Hater.’ I screw him. Soon, after singing with Jaydene attempting to join in we pulled up in Bluewater Shopping Centre.

‘Why didn’t we just go Croydon?’ I ask as we exited the car and parking lot.

‘It’s not everyday Croydon, you Croyon hoodchick.’ He says. He hands me Jaydene’s buggy to push. I screw his back as we began shopping.

Five hours later and we were in Jay’s car on the way home. We had literally shopped till we dropped, with the assistance of Jay’s credit card.

‘Don’t tell mum how much we spent.’ He says. I nod, laughing.

‘Jay, me and Jaydene are hungry. Aren’t we?’ I look back at Jaydene still full of energy in her seat.

‘Es Jayd!’ She screams. For some reason, she wants everyone to call her ‘Jayd’.

‘Okay, me and JAYD are hungry?’ I repeat causing her to smile at me.

‘McDonalds or Nandos?’