Chapter 24.

I put my earphone in as I start walking into school with Dontae.

'Ahlie Corahn's gay?' He says randomly. I nod.

'How can he not be?' I reply. Dontae laughs. Then he takes my earphones out my ear and plays something on his phone. It was a voice note from Corey.

'I'm gay yeah girlfriend? Jay, that broke my heart boo. Watch at school yeah. Madting.'

He said that in one of those ghetto American accents then switched to his normal ghetto voice. Me and Dontae start laughing.

'Gay.' I shake my head. We go to our from rooms and Cassie was watching me.

She sees me immediately then her eyes travel down to Dontae's arm snaked across my shoulder and then back up to my face. I greet her with a big smile. Stupid bitch.

'Jayda!' I hear Keiara screeching. I laugh as I see her running away from Corey. Why was everyone here today?

'Hi Kee.' I say. She sees Dontae's arm and smirks at me.

'Tell your friend to leave me alone, please. He chased me from my house all the way to school cos I wouldn't hug him.' She says breathlessly. I laugh.

'You two like each other. Just admit it.' I say.

'What? We're just-.'

'Just friends. Yeah, you say.' I roll my eyes. She kisses her teeth at me.

'You can't chat.' She says hinting to me and Dontae. I glare at her.

'What's your first lesson?' Dontae asks me.

'Erm, maths.' I say. He nods.

'Same.' He says unsurely.

'Are you sure?' I laugh. He flicks my nose.

'Shush. Where's your twin?'

'Oh, he's not coming school until later.' I shrug. He decided to be a bitch and moan that it's not fair how I didn't get to go to school on Tuesday and spend the whole day with mum when he clearly knows I was suspended. Idiot.

'Cool.' He nods.

'Jayda? Where's Nia?' Keiara asks. Oh yeah! I haven't heard her big mouth all morning.

'Probably late.' I shrug.

'What you doing after school?' Dontae asks.

'Going shopping for the trip.' I reply.

'What bout tomorrow?' He's planning something. I eye him suspiciously.

'Oh. My mum's husband's coming back.' I still didn't want him to come home. It's not even his home anymore.

'Your dad? Rah.' He says in shock.

'I know.' I sigh. We get off the bus and walk to school.

'Jayda!' Corey screams.

'Corey!' I scream. This is our daily routine. I hug him and he hugs me back then pinches my neck.

'Ow! What was that for?!' I screech rubbing my neck.

'Do this sexy mo'fo look gay to you?' He says doing some gay pose. I laugh.

'No?'

'Good girl.' He pats my head. I batt his hand away.

**

'Argh, Mr O'Donnell loves to piss me off.' Nia mutters angrily as we leave his classroom. Nia had arrived halfway through his lesson, having a heated conversation with Michael on the phone. And her excuse for being late was 'basically, last night was a madting'. This girl isn't serious.