Chapter 15.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Tuesday morning and back to school. I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, showered, changed, did my hair etc. I went downstairs to eat breakfast and saw my mum rushing around.

'Are you leaving today?' I ask and she nods.

'I'll be back in 2 weeks. Ricardo will be here when you get home from school. I've left money in your account and I've left Ricardo some money in case of any emergencies. Umm...what else? Just be good and look after Jayden.' My mum kisses my cheek then leaves after hugging me again. I finish my coco pops then get my bag and put on my shoes. It was only 7.45am. I was on time. As I opened my door to leave, I saw Nia and Sophie.

'Oh, hi.' I say hugging them both. 'Wait, do you go to my school Sophie?!' I ask when I realise she's wearing the uniform.

'Yep. Starting today.' She says. I nod. We start making our way to school. We get on the bus and go upstairs. It was packed with our school. At the back we see Dontae, Jordan, Jayden and them.

'Ay Jayda!' Dontae shouts. Why did he have to shout out my name out on the bus? Everyone's heads turned to us. I roll my eyes and Nia pulls me to the back.

'Why do you feel the need to shout out my name on the bus?' I ask as I sit down next to Dontae. Jayden starts laughing then Dontae starts then everyone joined in. Dontae and Jayden's laugh was so annoying, once one of them started everyone ended up joining in, it was contagious.

'Jayda, why do you talk so posh?' Dontae says laughing.

'I do not! I could easily talk like you if I wanted to.'

'And I could easily talk like you.' He clears his throat. 'Hello, I'm Jayda. How'd you do? Education, school, books!' Dontae says putting on a high, squeaky, posh voice. Everyone laughs. If anyone else said that I would hit them but something stopped me from whacking Dontae's big head.

'Ayy, bossman Dontae says dis, man says dat. Wagwaan popcaarn. Arr, weed, money, pussy!' I say in a deep voice. For a second, I'm pretty sure the whole bus was silent then everyone erupted in laughter, literally the whole bus. Even people I didn't know.

'When have I ever said "wagwaan popcaarn"?!' Dontae says laughing. I just shrug.

'Don't ever talk like that again Jayda, ever!' Jordan says laughing.

'Truss me!' Dontae says. 'Jayda come shop with me. Please.' Dontae says putting his arm around me.

'Hmm. I don't know if you've realised but school starts in...' I check my watch. '...20 minutes.'

'So we've got enough time.' He says pressing the bell then pulling me off the bus. I sigh and just go with him. When we get off, he puts his arm around me and we walk into Greggs.

'Do you want something?' He asks.

'Yum yum, gingerbread man and sugar ring doughnut. Ooo! And some Yazoo.' I say. If someone offers to buy you anything, take advantage.

'Rah. I didn't mean the whole shop.' He says laughing.

'Shut up and buy my shit.' I say and he laughs but buys it.

'So I heard your mums gone for 2 weeks?' He says as we leave the shop.

'Yes.' I say and start walking to school.

'You gonna invite me over so we can have some fun.' He says smiling cheekily. I knew there was a deeper, dirtier meaning to what he said, he's such a perv.

'Nah, I'm alright thanks.'

'What?! Why?' He says pretending to be upset.

'Cause you're a distraction.' I say.