Prologue

Even before I opened my eyes for the first time...it was a fight for my life.

"It's a boy! It's a beautiful boy!"

"Thank you, my love. This child is beautiful...He will do great things."

"Of course he will...he is your son, Ă̵͎͚̼ͅp̵̢̱͈͙͋̓̏̀͘ó̴̩̝͖͊̏l̶̰͆͌ļ̶͖͛͐̃̊o̸̩̬̎̑̎̿"

I do not remember much of my birth parents. Only that one was a mortal...and one was a god. It was obvious such a relationship wouldn't end well.

"A relationship between a God and a mortal is beyond starcrossed. It was fated to be a tragedy from the start. The sheer amount of stories should have proven that. Fool."

"You can abandon me for all I care! I was ready for it. But don't you dare abandon your son, your blood!"

"I'll come back for you, my son. I promise...!"

In a world where human greed, corruption, and cowardness dominated the world. In a world where 80% of animals and plants are extinct. In a world where poverty was 99% and the rich were 1% while the earth was dying around them...It was grey and dull.  

"Please...give us some food...even the scraps are fine... my child...my child is dying!"

"How disgusting! Guards! Send this trash to Section 4 to join those vermins! At least the rats would have something to feast on!"

"Grandma...shouldn't we help them?" 

"If you want to go get eaten by the rats with them, go ahead! One less mouth to feed!"

But there was one thing that I thought was interesting. 

"What is this on display?"

"This is what the people from 100 years ago used as entertainment. It was called "Japanese Animation," or "anime" for short. On this display, it shows an episode of one of the popular tv series of the 19th and 20th century called, "One Piece." It is a joke compared to the top-tech 3d CGI animus of today."

It was old. Rustic, compared to modern entertainment. But its story...

"...That animation from the museum...that...anime. I want to see more."

"You watch anime? Isn't that some kind of historical artefact? How pathetic!"

And the characters...They made me feel more than the people around me. They felt so much more alive.

"I'm going to be the King of the Pirates!"

"I love heroes, but I don't want to become one."

"Even though I've been a good-for-nothing my whole life, even though I have the blood of a demon within me...You guys still loved me! Thank you so much!"

It was the first time I saw colour. The first time I felt something other than this dull emptiness. And perhaps after watching these "characters"...I started to see them around me.

"I want to live in a free world! One where my life isn't decided by a pile of cash. A world where trust triumphs gold! I want to live without regrets!"

"Even though you are a child...you are smart...you are strong. Please...help us! Don't observe from the sidelines anymore! We will show you that there is so much more life to us than this!

Maybe it was because of this "anime" that I started to see something in the people who seemed so lifeless before.

"...Please...guide us."