“You were missing! I couldn’t sleep or eat and I kept wondering and hoping you were okay. My health was the least of my worries.”

“What if something had happened to you?”

“I wouldn’t have cared as long as I found you.”

“Well I would have!” I shouted suddenly getting frustrated which seemed to catch him off guard.

“I didn’t spend weeks by your bed waiting for you to wake up just to have you hurt yourself again. If something had happened to you I would never forgive you.”

“Hazel—”

“You have to take care of yourself from now on.” I said to him in a calm tone.

“How about you?”

“Its just a few bruises and overdose. I’ll live.” I said shrugging it off lightly.

He gave me a weary look for a while before finally dropping it and giving me a smile.

“I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“Me too. Thanks for saving me oh great knight.” I said with a real smile this time.

“I thought that was my thing?”

We turned to see James standing by the door.

“James?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“The one and only. How you doing beautiful?” He asked with a small smile and moved towards the bed.

“What are you doing here?” Jason asked with a bored look on his face which was different from the usual scowl he had on whenever James was around.

“I got bored staying by myself since you left me hanging back there so I decided to come find you.” He said with a careless shrug.

“Well you could just go home.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Of course not. I did come here to see you after all.” He said with a suggestive grin.

I looked back and forth between them with a confused look on my face.

“Did I miss something?” I asked looking from Jason to James.

“No.” Jason said quickly but James was quick to contradict.

“Oh Kayla darling,” He drawled and I knew he was up to something, “I thought Jason was going to tell you but I guess he’s just too shy to say it.”

I didn’t know if I was to be scared or amused so I just kept a straight face.

“Your husband Jason and I are actually—”

“Finish that sentence and I’ll make sure I end you.” I heard Jason growl from beside me and I turned to see him frowning while James was still sporting an amused look on his face.

“Come on Jason, I’m sure she’ll be cool about it.” He said wiggling his eyebrows at Jason.

I gave them confused looks trying to figure out what was going on before it finally registered in my head and I didn’t know when I burst out laughing.

They both looked at me like I had suddenly grown a second head and I just ignored them while I had a good laugh.

The first one I’d had in a while.

“It’s fine Jason, I’m totally cool with. I understand if you want to leave me for him. I promise no hard feelings.” I said while trying hard not to laugh.