Chapter 7

Important Author's Note at the end. PLEASE READ!!

The engagement party took place in the Anderson's house. Apparently they had a hall which was used for indoor events and it could contain at least 100 guests or more because judging by their financial status, we were gonna have more.

As expected, Emma came through with her promise to get me a dress and after so many God awful stops at different stores, I finally settled on a red floor length dress.

It was an armless gown with a heart shaped neckline that dipped low but didn't show much cleavage which I liked. It had a fitting from the bust to the waist after which it flowed freely like a sort of ball gown style which was made of a classy net material with suede red lining under it.

My hair was immaculately done in a French twist and my make up looked amazing as I made my make up artist give me a nude look with my cheekbones highlighted.

I paired my dress with a seven inch silver stiletto and silver accessories.

When everything was done, I looked at the mirror and I was in awe of the image that stared back at me.

I looked beautiful and I silently wished Jason would think so too.

Don't ask why. It's my wish not yours.

I was on my way downstairs and I could already hear the voices of the guests and the faint classical music playing in the hall. I imagined it was going to be filled with old people since we were listening to classical music.

"May! You look amazing." My bestfriend gushed when I finally landed at the bottom of the stairs.

"Thanks Cami." I answered with a fake smile.

"I know you're not excited about tonight but think of it this way, you can't let this," she said pointing at my whole look, "go to waste like that so just smile along with all those old people because we all know you don't want them, you just want their money."

"I'm not after their money!" I said to my best friend.

"But you're after Jason's money."

"What is with you Cami? You know this is an arranged marriage." I said in a whisper to my best friend so no eavesdropper would hear but I doubted there was anyone around.

"Fine! But you know he's a hot billionaire."

"You know I'm beginning to think you're on their side." I muttered eyeing her.

"Oh come on May, I'm with you forever remember?"

"Yeah whatever."

"So should we go in?"

"Yeah sure." I answered nervously as I wasn't a big fan of big crowds.

"Don't worry hun, your night in shining armour will be there to save you."

"You're delusional." I answered rolling my eyes.

We were about to enter the hall when the door opened and Jason stepped out of the hall and his eyes looked like they were searching for someone until they landed on me and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Hazel, I was just coming to get you." He said walking towards me with that aura of pride that he carried whenever he walked and when he stopped in front of me, he just kept staring.

"Yeah, I got held up a little. Sorry."

"It's fine. Dad just wanted to make the announcement so I had to come get you."

I was about to answer him when my crazy ass best friend decided to interrupt.

"I guess I should go inside. I'll see you later May." She said and went off in a hurry but not without winking at me when she was behind Jason.