Chapter 6

The rest of the week went by in a blur with me going to work and hanging out with Cami because according to her we were ‘living while I still could as a single lady’

Cue the eye roll.

Our outing days were filled with going to the movies, going shopping and just stay at home binge watching our favorite TV series on Netflix.

All these took my mind back to Tony and as much as I tried to push his thoughts to the back of my mind and dwell on the fact that it was just the two of us now, I couldn’t and when Cami noticed this, she tried her best to talk me out of it which I was grateful for.

I was beginning to think the wedding and everything was just a fake and that everyone had forgotten about it after a week of not hearing from anyone.

Well that was partially because I ignored my family as much as I could and I hardly saw them but all the same, nobody had told me anything for a while so imagine my joy. But as usual, the heavens were against me so my joy was short-lived.

I was working on one of the papers we got frequently in the office when I suddenly started hearing different murmurs but I just ignored it and continued reading through the article until Ted popped his head into my safe haven which was my little office.

“Haven’t you heard?” his golden brown eyes shone mischievously at me and I glared at him then rolled my eyes signalling to him that I was busy and less interested in anything that wasn’t work related.

Ted was my very good friend and companion in the office and I could say he was the only genuine friend I had in my place of work because everyone else either befriended me for my father’s wealth which they thought they could get from me or for my elder brother but as soon as they realise I'm not interested in helping them achieve either of the two, they just drop me like a piece of bad linen and it’s no surprise there because I was kind of used to it.

Ted has been married to his high school sweetheart Amy for three years and they were currently expecting a baby.

Most of my Friday nights were spent in their house just drinking and gossiping about our colleagues.

“Kayla!” he called again raising his voice a little higher when he noticed I wasn’t interested in his news.

“What do you want from me?” I asked sneering at him.

“Nothing but someone is looking for you.” He said in a mischievous tone and that got my attention as I snapped my head up from what I was reading to look at him.

“Who is it?” he opened his mouth to reply me when a voice beat him to it.

“Hazel.” The voice said with a bit of authority to it and I could recognize that voice even in my sleep because there was one person who called me that and that was the devil himself.

I turned around to look at him and my thoughts were confirmed when I saw him with his blue eyes that always looked like they were staring into my soul looking at me.

Well that explains the noise I was hearing earlier because he probably grabbed the attention of everyone in the office.

When I turned to look around, my suspicions were correct. 

Well just great!

“What do you want?” I asked impatiently because I was starting to get pissed with the amount of eyes looking at me and I needed him to leave as soon as possible.

Apparently people refused to understand that it’s fucking rude to stare but I couldn’t really blame them because of the air of authority he had around him.