41; ♡ Accepting Reality

read the A/N at the end of the chapter please ♥

                                                 Unedited. 

                   ○                                 ○                               ○

                                 Chapter Forty-One; Accepting Reality. 

“There is something weird.” Colin frowned as he glanced at me from the corner of his eyes. I looked at him.

“What?”

“You.” I sighed.

“Why?” I gave him a blank look. He had been on this subject since we left. Every minute or so he would bring it up that I was acting weird.

Unlike me.

“Because!” The same answer repeated itself. I was a little surprised that he continued talking. “You  have a different look.”

“Different look?”

“Yeah. When I came to pick you up, I thought I would see a very angry Jodie. I thought I would see you frowning, grumbling about not wanting to go, but instead, I saw you walking normally, talking to me as if there was nothing going on. You seem-“

“I seem what Colin?” He started to irrate me. He knew that.

If anything he was the one who was acting weird.

Where was the oh-so-happy Colin?

“You seem like you don’t care!” I felt my shoulders stiffen. These words were the ones that I didn’t want to hear.

“You are just imagining things.” He shook his head.

“It’s not a bad thing, don’t worry.” He gave me a small smile. I was feeling a little weird that he got a little annoyed, and showed it. He usually was the ‘Really?’ type of guy.

“Change the subject.” I demanded. He shrugged, giving up easily.

“So have you changed your mind?”

“About what?”

“About going to my house.” He gave me a cheeky smile.  I raised my eyebrow. His smile dropped and was replaced with a scowl.

Clearing my voice, I said, “I’m staying at my friend’s house.” He nodded slowly then again changed the subject.

It felt like someone was chasing him with a knife.

“Are you dating anyone?”

“You know that-“

“That you don’t want to date anyone? Fuck that.” He rolled his eyes at me. “Lie to me one more time and I swear to god I will sing that annoying song you hate so much for like hours.” I frowned.

“Which song?”

“That one that starts with Crap out-“

“Okay, okay, I remember.” I cut him off when I remembered that horrifying song he made up for me when we were little. He would follow me around and sing it to me. “But I’m seriously not lying.”