"Yes!" Carlos shouted with a celebratory whoop, causing everyone to laugh.

Ben then turned to Mal. "Bring it down, Mal."

That was when everyone began to clap and cheer. As I smiled at Mal, cupping her cheek happily, Fairy Godmother came up to us and gave Mal her magic wand. Then, Evie, Carlos, Jay, and Harley came running up the stairs to join us, and we looked out at the Isle.

"Together?" Mal said to me.

I grinned. "Always."

We both put our hands on the wand and pointed it at the Isle. Then, we both said in unison, "To make the world a better place..."

"We have to do it face to face," our friends finished.

With those words, a beam of golden light shot out from the wand. It connected with the barrier around the Isle before evaporating it, and everyone began to cheer as a beautiful white bridge began to magically build itself between the Isle and Auradon.

Mal smiled, and the seven of us began to laugh at the sight. Then, Fairy Godmother walked over to us and hugged us both.

That was when the kids from the Isle began to cross the bridge, led by Uma and Harry. Everyone in Auradon bowed to them, and Uma grinned at us before before she rushed over to Mal and embraced her, with the rest of the pirates following her.

Uma smiled at me, punching my shoulder playfully before the remaining VKs crowded onto the bridge, waving two puppets in the air — one of a giant purple dragon and the other of a giant black cat. Mal and I both laughed, then began celebrating with the other kids.

"Freddy!"

I spun around, a smile appearing on my face when I saw Savvy and Margo walking towards me. I rushed over to them, embracing them in tight hugs before leaning back to look at them.

Savvy took my hands. "Listen, Freddy. We just wanted to say–"

"We're sorry," Margo cut in. "For... for everything."

I shook my head. "What's past is past. Right now..." I put my hands on their shoulders. "I'm just glad we're finally together again."

Margo grinned, slugging my shoulder playfully. "Don't tell me you got all mushy on us, Fred."

I frowned in mock seriousness. "Of course not."

We held our serious gazes for a moment before we burst out laughing. Then, once we had calmed down, we both looked at each other and began to sing to each other.

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...