"There could be a million different answers-"

He cut him off with an unamused glare. "I'm having a Halloween party at my house and I want you to come."

"A party?" What was remaining of Frank's limited confidence plummeted, his heart beginning to pound. "I-"

"I know you don't like parties." He said sympathetically, giving the most consoling smile he could muster. "But I really want you to come. I'll stay with you the whole time."

Admittedly, hearing that did help the slightest. "I. . ." He sighed. "You shouldn't have to miss everything because of me. You'd get bored."

"Please." Brendon took his hand, squeezing it gently.

Slowly, Frank shook his head.

Knowing what would catch his interest, he pressed his lips together in a small smirk. "What if I told you there's a present waiting for you at mine?"

"Well, maybe."

-

Practically bouncing off the walls, Frank tried not to let his internal joy show on the outside as he refrained from skipping to the art department. He'd seen Gerard merely an hour ago, though he was still happy to get to see him again.

Shoving the double doors open, he strolled in to 169a to see a familiar face -but it wasn't Gerard's. Halting dead in his tracks, Frank nearly tripped over his own feet. A heat rose to his cheeks and he gulped -sure it was louder than anything else in the room.

The teacher that was there in Gerard's usual place -Mr Wright- turned around, finding Frank's sudden burst in quite rude and not the sort of behaviour that should've been in school.

"Calm down, Frank." Mr Wright told him calmly, then refocused his attention back on the student's books he was sorting out.

Rubbing his eyes, Frank mentally cursed at himself, wishing he hadn't done that. He placed his bag on the floor. "Uhm," He took a deep breath, "Do you know where M-Mr Way is? Has he gone already?"

Shaking his head, he turned around. "I just passed him in the halls."

"Leaving?" Frank frowned, sighing deeply. "Where was he going? I need to talk to him." He noted the puzzled expression on Mr Wight's face, thinking he could have toned down his eagerness. "It's important."

"Can't it wait until tomorrow?"

He shook his head.

"Is it anything I can help you with?"

Frank shook his head a second time. "I don't think so."

Collecting the books, Mr Wright sorted them neatly in to a carrier bag, then walked over to the doors, pausing to answer. "Last I saw him he was downstairs. . . I think he was heading to the back doors."

"Thank you." Frank muttered, gratefully.

Mr Wright exited, leaving him in a damp mood. Surely if he was heading to the doors, that meant he was going home? If that was the case, Frank no longer felt like stopping behind to do art.

Just as he was about to go, he caught sight of Gerard's denim jacket hung over the back of a chair, his bags dumped beside it. Frank smiled.

-

Because he no longer attended PE, Frank's physical fitness had decreased and he was surprised when he managed to leg it down the side stairs, past the music rooms and through the back doors.

It was awfully foggy outside, making anything more than 200 yards in front impossible to see. The most he could make out were the bleachers and a few bins dotted around the fields.