Kabanata 17

Forgive

Mint made sure that we are well guarded now that Daddy will drop by to see me. I am well aware of all that happened and I knew that Drift was one of the reasons why I lost everyone that I loved. I hated him for all he did but honestly? I forgive him. I feel that everything that happened just happened because we all loved a little too much.

Too much that it clouded our judgement. Too much that it pushed us into doing something so bad. But I also think Drift's fate towards death is the price that he had to pay for the lives he'd taken. For Lola Gracielle and Tita Veronica. We both lost Marky and he almost took Nanay Josie away. It was terrifying and I am glad we saved Nanay Josie.

She came over last night and she asked for my forgiveness that I have given without even blinking. Yes, she's still the mom I never had even if he conspired with Daddy and Drift to put me down.

I asked for Tatay Tyron to stay beside me while we wait. I wanted to assure him that I will be okay. My old man is such a worrier. My Thirdy is sitting on the bed beside me while Mint is sitting on the window pane with Claude and Matthew standing on both her sides.

Mauuna si Daddy na dumating bago sina Klaine. Nandito na rin sila. Actually kausap ko si Kurt sa phone ngayon.

"Ate, are you sure you want to talk to that old pig? I hate him for what he did to you. I want to strangle him to death!" Narinig ko ang pagsaway ni Mommy kay Kurt na sinagot lang niya ng pagbuga ng hangin.

Natawa ako.

"I have people around me who's going to look after me while we talk. Just chill Kurt. I will see you soon." Tinapos ko na ang tawag nang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok si Greyson. I gave him a smile while everyone tensed except for Mint who gave her a cold shoulder. Ni hindi siya tinignan. He looked down after seeing me.

"Please do not smile at me." He stated. I laughed.

"You're too serious dad. I knew what happened back then. And I forgive you. It made me feel so light and I am honestly happy now. There's basically a lot of reason to smile so I will." I tapped the side of the bed asking him to sit.

"Katarina." May himig pagbabanta sa tinig ni Thirdy.

"Chill love." I pinched his nose. He frowned and looked at dad like he's warning him. "Come on Dad." Marahan ang paglapit ni Daddy sa akin. Naupo siya sa tabi ko at marahang hinawakan ang mga kamay ko kahit nakaposas siya.

"I am so sorry for everything that I have done Katarina. For what it's worth, I want you to know that I was genuinely happy to know that I had a daughter. This might be a little too late but I still remember how Veronica and I celebrated the fact that I had you. We were so happy. I am so proud when you first won an art contest back when you were on your fifth grade. I wanted to be there to give you your award but Drift and his stupid schemes!" Naluluha na kaming parehas habang nagtatangis ang bagang niya.

"Was so proud when you became the school's valedictorian and your batch's Magna Cum Laude. I wanted to be there believe me. I cared for you but I failed to show it. I failed to be your father Katarina. I am so sorry. I am sorry for letting you down. For giving you pain for all these years. I am at fault so I should accept all the consequence of my actions. Forgive me. Anak! Forgive me!" I hugged him and cried as he chanted forgive me. I felt my heart break for him. I know that after everything that happened, all that I wanted was his approval.

It was for him to see me as his child and to give me a little recognition and affection. I wanted him to love me.

"I love you anak. Even if I knew you're not really mine." Bulong niya. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya.

"Y-You knew?" Bahagyang natawa siya.

"Why do you think Tyron here stayed as your body guard? Of course I knew. And I knew as well that Drift won't take it well if he knew that I still wanted you under my wing even after knowing that you're not really my daughter so I kept everything to myself. I can see what Drift is doing before. Akala ko selos bata lamang iyon eh. I never knew he's capable of something more evil towards his own family. Even his own mom. Ang usapan ay kukunin lang namin ang loob mo. Wala sa usapan na papatayin ka. I never wanted to lose you Kat. Ayokong mawalan ng anak. You remind me of Veronica so much. Veronica loved you like her own. I can never hurt anyone or anything that my dear wife loved." I looked at him and cried even more.

"I know that this time will come and you would know the truth. And by then, we will all be free." Bumukas ang pinto at pumasok mula doon si Mommy kasama ang mga kapatid ko. "Katarina, anak." Bakas ang luha sa mga mata ni Mommy. Halos manigas ako nang yakapin niya ako.

"M-Mommy?" Takang tanong ko. She never touched me, ever. Di ko alam ang mararamdaman ko.

"I am sorry for everything. For ignoring you. For leaving you. Aaminin ko, nung una ay ayaw ko talaga sayo. I wanted you gone because Mama will be devastated if she knew that I got pregnant and not with Greyson but with Tyron my body guard. I fell in love with him. Mayaman ang pamilya natin kaya hinding hindi nila matatanggap si Tyron. Sinubukan ko siyang ipaglaban, my abuela then was so angry she told me she will never recognize you or give you anything if hindi ko ibibigay kay Mommy ang fulll custody sayo. I was so angry and hurt. I gave you up not because I don't want you or I hate you. No anak, not like that." She sobbed loudly and hugged me tighter. It was painful but I didn't mind.

I have longed for Mom to hug me like this. I couldn't count how many times I wished for her to look at me and see me and fail every single time. I cried even harder. I closed my eyes tightly.

"I can still remember how happy I was when I first held you. I never wanted to let go of you but I didn't have any choice. Then, I met Donald. Ipinakilala siya sa akin ng akin abuela. She said I'd have to marry him or she'll give you up for adoption. Mama and I disagreed but she was rock hard with his decision. I ended up marrying Donald and I had Klaine and Kurt. I was able to get news about you from them. I tried to come close bit by bit but all attempts were futile. Little did I know that Donald and Drift had a relationship. Donald threatened me that he will let Drift kill you, Klaine and Kurt if I ever try to get close to you. Kahit sina Kurt ay pinagbawalan niya pero nakakatakas kami paminsan para makibalita tungkol sayo." Kurt hugged me and Klaine kissed my head.

"Takot na takot ako nang malaman ko mula kay Donald ang nangyari sayo. I was so mortified of the thought that you might die. I hated it. I wanted to come back here as soon as I heard the news but Donald held us captive. Until Ms. Dela Vega's troop came and rescued us. Hinuli nila si Donald. I knew right there and then that we are safe already. That we can come home to you. To finally have the chance to be your mother. Because I loved you. I love you so much Katarina. I love you anak." We all hugged and cried together.

"I love you too, Mom, Dad and Tatay Tyron. I love you guys so much! Thank you. God, thank you for letting me have this chance! Thank you!"

I am now happy. Finally, I feel complete. I have found that one thing I've always wished for. A family. The family that loved me and I will love more than anything in this world.