Kabanata 6

Control

We went inside my car and settled. My phone beeped when I was about to drive.

Tito Grey:

Take care of my daughter Juan.

Ako:

Yes Tito.

"Where do you wanna go?" I asked as I start the engine of my convertible.

"I want to go to them.." Tila matalinhaga niyang sagot. My brows creased.

"To whom?"

"Nevermind. Labhan ko na lang kaya ang damit mo?" She asked.

"Tss. Sinabi mo na eh. Sige na tell me." Pumalatak ako.

"Okay. Let's go to Lola and Tita Veronica." She leaned down her seat. "Can we put the top down again? I wanna feel the wind." She looked at me smiling.

"Mataas ang araw. Baka mainitan ka." I said.

"I don't mind." Wala akong nagawa kaya sinunod ko na lamang ang gusto niya. Nakarating kami sa Heavens gate. She immediately went down the car. Mabilis na sinundan ko siya.

Tumigil kami sa tapat ng isang museleyo. She opened the gate and went in. The cold December breeze touched us. May tatlong banga sa tapat namin na nakapaloob sa isang glass compartment.

Gracielle Olivares

Veronica Hughes-Forbe

Marky Gonzaga

Marky? Well I knew that her lola and Tita Veronica are dead but Marky?

"Iyan ba y-yung.." marahan kong sambit. She nodded.

"Lola died when I was 18, Tita died when I was 15. Si Marky three years ago. A day before our wedding." Tila may bikig sa lalamunan niyang sabi.

"I.. I am so-sorry-"

"No. Ano ka ba? Is it your fault that they died? Of course not. Death is inevitable. There's nothing that we can do. It's sad. Yes, pero that's life." She stated then she touched the names printed on marble below each vase.

"How can you forget a love that's true?" Mahina niyang sabi habang nakadungaw sa pangalan ni Marky. I looked at her. Her lonely eyes settled on the vase. "How can you turn back the time when it passed you by?" Namuo ang luha sa gilid ng kanyang mga mata.

"How can you move the fuck on when it is not an option your heart gives you? Really, how?" Tumawa siya ng pagak habang tumutulo ang luha sa mga mata.

Kasabay ng sakit na tila tumutusok sa puso ko ay ang pagkabog ng dibdib ko. Tama nga naman? How?

I don't really know because I don't have a slightest idea on how to live with pain. Dad thought me how to let go.

When my mother died back when I was 14 Dad was devastated as hell. He couldn't think. He couldn't sleep. He couldn't eat. He couldn't even blink without tears filling his eyes to the brim. I felt exactly the same. Hatred towards the people who caused my mother's death consumed me.

Nagalit pa ako kay Daddy when he chose to forgive. Like what the freaking hell?! Why would you do that to your own wife?! Revenge is most likely inviting than forgiving.