One

Hey guys! I'm thrilled you are reading another one of my stories! Thank you! Anyways, I hope you enjoy the story, and please feel free to vote and comment if there are any parts you guys like! Thanks again!

*******

  I stumbled onto the next street in the dead of night, trying to watch ahead of myself although I couldn't seem to look straight. My stomach turning all which ways, swirling around as my sight followed along, the scenery spinning, causing my feet to have a mind of their own and walk in two separate directions. Cotton was stuffed in my head, but it felt lightweight at the same time. I often didn't like this feeling, but now, at this time, during this part of my life, I did.

  At one moment I was down the end of the street, and the next I was almost turning onto the next road to my left. Time zoned in and out as I walked home from the party, and I suddenly realized maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Walking home I mean, maybe that wasn't a great idea. But there wasn't anything I could do now, I was already half way home, and I wasn't in the mood to turn around now. The short memory of the loud music shaking the walls of the house, and the drunk attendees who laughed too hard at stupid jokes and dumb actions others did. It begun to get wild over there I guess you could say, and as much as everyone was celebrating our first big win of the season, we still had school the next day, and I for one would rather not have a wicked hangover for that. If it was a weekend, maybe, I would just spend the night at the house and go home later in the afternoon the next day, like many other times the guys and I had done that. But this wasn't one of those times, it couldn't be.

  With the darkness all around me, I wasn't too sure of the time, maybe somewhere between two or three in the morning. But with any luck, I would find out soon enough once I returned home, anticipating the moment my parents would chew me out for being drunk on a weeknight. I was prepared for that, although knowing me, I wouldn't remember what they said the next day, I could barely remember turning onto this street moments before.

  "James......you....you made it," the cotton stuffed in my head began to speak, voices beginning to appear, while flashes passed through my eyes. But I couldn't fight these ones away like I usually could. These memories were different, fresh. And all I could do was bite my cheek until I tasted blood in my mouth, trying to forget about them.

  "I....I just wanted to say......s-sorry. I.......I wrote a letter for you, it's in my pocket. It explains all the things I could never tell you in person. Here......please read it." I felt myself shake, vibrate all over, until the voice left me, and the flashback faded in my head, and the dark scenery filled my sight again.

  Stop. Don't think about it. Let it go. It's over, it's done with. Now let it go.

  The wind barely existed on this night, although that was probably from the close houses nearby, and the trees that blocked the open areas. My house was only a few more blocks away, past the large field with the elementary school centred within, the one I used to attend ages ago. I was getting close, as the large colourful school was beginning to appear behind some of the houses on the street in the distance, while the full moon was the only thing lighting up the town, or at least the streets I was walking upon. A few street posts and lamps were nearby around the roads, although the lights flickered and appeared as if they were about to burn out at any moment. But I wasn't so scared of being out in the dark, it wasn't like our town was all that dangerous or scary; it seemed as if anything, we lived in the most safest and secure town there was within our state. Maybe even in the country, but I doubted that.

  The cool air brushed against my hands as I let them dangle free outside my hoodie pockets, before holding them out in front of me. Looking like a fool like usual, but I didn't care that much in the moment, I only worried about catching my balance.