Däemon

Long update today. I’m very excited to share this chapter with you – it’s been a long time coming!

Chapter 51: Demon

“Bit of a departure from tradition?” smirked Remus as Hermione led him along the winding laneways near her home. “Usually I’m the one that has to plan and prepare for our dates, not to mention practically drag you along to it.”

Hermione chose to ignore the last part of his comment.

“When you see where I am taking you, it may not be so much a departure from tradition, as you so put it. Also, there are a couple of others who I have invited, so it may not be quite the romantic getaway you had hoped for.”

Her tone was light-hearted and jovial, but her stomach was squirming. She wondered if it was too early in their new relationship for her to be doing this, but then it occurred to her that this was important, and she may not have much longer to do it.

Snape had done the unthinkable and revealed the prophecy to Voldemort. Apparently, he had also begged for Dumbledore’s mercy, and Dumbledore had given it. Still, it was now September, and Voldemort would strike at any moment. He must me made mortal, immediately.

“Right,” said Hermione, coming to an abrupt stop at an alleyway with a dead end. “We need to apparate to Hogsmeade, ready?”

Remus gave her a quizzical look before following her instructions and turning on the spot.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Remus barely had the time to regain his balance before Hermione had grasped his shoulders from behind, and was pushing him towards the Hog’s Head Inn.

“You two are late,” Aberfroth waved to the pair as they passed through the bar and up towards the annex. “Albus was ‘ere a good twenty minutes ago with them two other lads, but they already left. I can call ‘em again if you want.”

Hermione shook her head as she stopped pushing against Remus for a moment.

“I just need a few minutes on my own first, thanks Ab. I’ll call down if we need anything.”

Aberforth nodded in understanding, and went around the bar out of sight to his own sitting room.

“Good,” replied Hermione, once he had left. “That keeps them out of the way. I just hope they left behind what I asked of them.”

“What are we doing?” Remus thought he had been very patient and uncomplaining until this point, but his patience was wearing thin.

“Hopefully I’ll be able to show you when we get upstairs,” replied Hermione, ascending the stairs to the annex two at a time, with Remus jogging slightly out of breath behind her.

‘Or rather, before I lose my nerve,’ thought Hermione as she opened the door into the familiar room.