[INVADER ZIM] Gir x Reader

Requested by 26zubiekatl

This is my first Invader Zim Oneshot so I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

[Your POV]

I was watching some TV when I heard a sudden knock on my door. I jolted upright and walked to the door. When I opened the door, I rolled my eyes. "Ah, well if it isn't Zim." I said. I was in the same class as Zim and was one of the few people on Dib's side about Zim being an alien. Honestly, even after knowing Zim was an alien, I wasn't scared. Who is scared of Zim?

"Yes. It is I ZIM!" He said, posing dramatically.

"You don't have to do that everytime someone says your name, you know?" I said, hands on my hips. He just frowned. Something seemed off about him.

"Do not question the ways of my people, (Y/N)!" Zim said. "Anyway, why did I come here? Oh yeah! GIR!" That's when I saw it, digging in my garden.

"Hey! That's my mom's garden!" I shouted, getting the creature's attention. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure about Zim's quote on quote 'dog'. It was very obviously not a dog, but I wasn't sure what it was. When it spoke, further proving my about it not being a dog, it sounded almost robotic. But Zim just seemed way too pathetic to build a robot, at least successfully.

"Oh! I is sorry!" Gir cried, hopping out of the garden, his 'fur' covering in dirt.

"I need you to watch Gir for I don't know how long." Zim said casually.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, looking Gir up and down.

"Must I repeat myself for your incompetent human ears!?" Zim cried.

"No, but I don't wanna watch your...dog." I replied.

"It wasn't a question!" Zim said. "You will watch Gir! I am losing my patience with him!" With that, Zim stormed off, leaving Gir and I standing awkwardly on my front porch.

I gave a sigh, turning to Gir, who looked up at me. "You're lucky my parents are at work. They hate dogs." I said.

"Don't worry! I am good human dog!" Gir said and I rolled my eyes. Gir bolted through my front door and planted himself on my couch, getting dirt all over the furniture.

"Hey! Gir! Down!" I said sternly, pointing to the ground. He gave me a confused look. "You need a bath."

"Okay!" Gir said. He reached for the zipper at his neck, suddenly...taking off his fur!?

"GIR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I cried.

"I'm naked!" He said happily, holding up the dog costume. I stared at him in disbelief. He went and sat back on the couch. I put the dog costume in the washing machine, my mind blank. I don't know if I just watched a dog skin itself or a robot reveal itself. I rubbed my head as I came back into the living room. Gir was nowhere to be seen.

"Gir!?" I cried. There was a sudden high-pitched squeal-like laugh coming from my kitchen. I bounded out of the living room, my eyes landing on the knocked over trash can. Gir was going through my trash! "Gir! What are you doing!?"

"Looking for pizza!" He said, stopping what he was doing. He took in the shocked look on my face and dropped the soda can he was holding. "Did I upset you?"

"I'm just..." I started, rubbing my temples. "I'm just a bit mad. Now I have to clean all this up."

"I can clean up!" Gir yelled, his bouncy self again. "Watch!" The top of his head opened and he began shoveling my garbage into it. I watched silently, my jaw dropping. After that, he picked up my trash can and shoved it in his mouth. "Watch this!" He crouched down and suddenly the top of his head exploded, my garbage and can going through the roof and into the sky.

"W-Where'd my garbage go!?" I cried, actually holding back a laugh.

"In spaaace." He said. "Do you want it back?"

"No! It can stay in space!" I said, bursting into laughter. Gir, seeing me laugh, became hysterical. We were both rolling on the ground laughing. I smiled as my body relaxed when I was done laughing. I watched Gir spin in a circle rapidly, laughing his butt off. As I was about to stop him, my stomach suddenly growled. Gir sat up. "Welp, I guess it's time to eat. What do you wanna eat, Gir?"

"PIZZZZZZA!" He cried. "Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!" He sang, spinning in a circle.

"Okay, okay! Chill out and I'll order some!" I said. He ran into the living room, trying to relax on the couch. In the kitchen, I used the home phone to order five pizzas. Yes, I ordered five pizzas. Zim lives across the street from me, and he frequently orders pizza. He usually orders about five pizzas too, and I'm pretty sure, most of the time they're for Gir.

When I sat down next to Gir, I realized how strange it might be for the pizza delivery guy to see I had ordered so many pizzas for some robot and I.

"Hey, Gir?" I asked.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" He squealed.

"Do you want something to where?" I asked. "I have some extra hoodies if you want one."

"Hoodie! Is there one like the human dog outfit!?" He asked. I thought a second.

"I'll go check." I said, standing up and making my way to my room, Gir following close behind. I opened my closet.

"OooooooH!" Gir oohed and ahhed. I looked through my hoodies and found one that I thought would suit Gir well. It was a turquoise colored hoodie which was also my smallest. "Ooh! Ooh!" Gir seemed excited about it too.

I fit the hoodie over his head and straightened out the creases. "How does it feel, Gir?" I asked.

"Like a gift from an angel!" Gir said, smiling up at me. I blushed and laughed. Suddenly there was the sound of the doorbell.

"Stay here." I said, patting him on the head. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt. I opened the door and paid for the pizza. After the pizza deliverer left, I called Gir to eat. Since there seemed no harm in it, I decided we could stay in the living room and watch a movie. "Gir! Pizza!"

"PIZZA!" He squealed, hopping out of the room in the new hoodie. He stopped as I set the boxes on the coffee table, opening the top one. The smell of hot pizza filled the air. Suddenly, Gir started to tear up as I handed him a slice. "I love you!"

I blushed even deeper. He was so adorable when he wasn't making a mess! "I love you too, Gir!" I said. He gasped, his robot mouth gaping.

"I feel honoured..." He whispered, shoving the pizza in his mouth. I smiled as we scrolled through movies to watch. We ended up watching a bunch animated shows and movies.

Zim can take as long as we wants to come back and get Gir.

~~~~~~~~~~

WHOO! So, that was my first Invader Zim oneshot, I hope you liked it! It was also the first oneshot of this book! I hope you have a good day!

Next is an Undertale AU oneshot, seem to be getting a lot of those.

-the2tailedfoxy