Chapter 9: Cold as Ice

Dabin's Pov

"MOM TELL ME THE TRUTH!! AM I ADOPTED?!"Anger starts to rise up inside of me, as i walk inside the house. "What the hell are you talking about?"Mom asked.

"Just tell me the truth! Don't make it hard for me anymore! I'm 18, and i should know everything!"I exclaimed. Mom lets out a deep sigh.

"Yes, you're adopted!"Upon hearing that, my heart shattered into pieces as tears heavily roll down to my cheeks. "You're Dad and I are scared that when you find out, or when we tell you, you'll get hurt."I sat down the sofa, as i cup my face with my hands.

"Mom, do you really have to lie to me? DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE THE FACT FROM ME?!"I asked in anger. "Dabin,sweetie please! Understand us!"Mom exclaimed.

"Mom, i just found my twin sister!"Mom turn her head to me in shock. "What?!". "I just found out that i have a twin sister and Mom, i can't accept it."I said.

——
Eunbi's Pov

"How are you feeling?"Minhyuk asked, as he help carry my things. Today, i'm being discharged. As soon as i woke up, Auntie explained everything and i still couldn't believe that Dabin is really my twin sister.

"Hey? Eunbi? Are you okay?"

"H-huh? Yes, i'm good."I answered. We walk out the hospital, with the taxi waiting outside. Before i could step in the taxi, Ian arrived. Minhyuk and I looked at each other.

"U-mm i just came here to check on you. And, Dabin's Mom want to give this to you."Says Ian as he hand me, a black box.

"Thank you."I let out a smile, as i slowly step in the taxi, droving away from where Ian is standing. I let out a deep sigh, as i slowly open the box, and in surprise, it's a necklace.

"It's pretty."Says Minhyuk. I let out smile and nod. "Yeah, it is."

—-

As we got to the apartment, i immediately went to my room and place the box beside my picture frame. I let out a smile, as i sat down the edge of my bed.

Suddenly, Auntie came in. "You okay?"She asked as she sat down beside me. "Auntie, i don't know what to do. I don't know if i should be happy about knowing that i have a twin sister or if i should be scared, not knowing what would happen know in our lives."I said.

Auntie grabs my hand and slowly caress it. "You can do it! Sometimes, you just have to face challenges to be able to be happy."I sigh.

"I have a feeling that Dabin won't like me."I said. "Don't think about it. Just be yourself. You don't have to impress her for her to like you. Sooner or later, she'll learn to accept everthing, okay?"I nod as i let out a smile.

Morning has come, and today i will be going to Dabin's house, to thank her and her Mother, for helping me. I was a bit nervous, for i know that Dabin won't like me. I let out a deep sigh, as i sat down the stool of the kitchen.

"You okay?"Minhyuk asked, as he sat down infront of me, with his coffeee place beside him.
I sighed, "This is nerve-wracking. I don't know what to do."I said.

"I'm pretty sure, Dabin's Mom is super kind. She even gaved you a necklace, remember?"I sigh with a nod. "Okay. Let's go!"I said, determined yet anxious.

Suddenly, a car horns outside our apartment. I look at Minhyuk, confused. "Who could that be?"He asked, as he steps out of the Balcony, and looks outside. He comes back, few seconds after and said, "It's Ian."

We slowly step out of the apartment and meet Ian outside the apartment building. "Hi."I let out a smile, "Hello~". "What brought you here?"Minhyuk asked.

"Dabin's Mom wanted me to fetch you. There house is kinda far, and she wanna make sure you can get there safely."Ian answered. I look at Minhyuk, and said. "U-mm thank you."

It took us about 45 minutes to get to Dabin's house, and upon arriving, my eyes widened and my jaw hanged wide open in surprised. It's a huge mansion, with a fountain in the middle, and they even have about 10 dogs inside, and they're all the expensive ones.

"This house is huge!"I exclaimed, as i roam my eyes in every area of the house. Suddenly, a woman in her 40's was idly waiting outside the front door. I suddenly felt anxious. Relax, Eunbi!

I step out of the car with a smile, as i greet the woman. "Annyeonghaseyo! Eunbi imnida!"I said with a bow.

"Hello. Please come inside."She said so calmly. I look at Minhyuk, and slowly followed the woman behind, as we enter the house.

It was so huge, a chandelier hanging above us, the organized furnishings and the scented smell of the living room makes it so relaxing.

Dabin is so lucky to have a parents like them. "Please take a seat, and i will call Dabin down."Says the woman with a ease smile. I sat down the sofa, and still couldn't help but to be attract to the interior design of the house.

"Are you that amazed?"Asked Minhyuk. "It's just so beautiful. Aren't you amazed?"I asked. He smirks, "I can build a much more bigger house than this."I chuckled, "Yeah right."

Suddenly, Dabin slowly walks down from the staircase with her arms crossed over her chest. "Annyeong, Dabin!~."I said with a wide and bright smile. She rolls her eyes, as she walk over to the kitchen.

"I told you she'll be like that."Minhyuk whispered. "We called you here because of the certain things we need to discuss."Dabin's Mom says.

"About the DNA test, of Dabin and you."She said. "If the results are positive, you'll be staying here with us but if not, then you'll can sleep in your apartment but i'll be giving you a free scholarship."Upon hearing that, my eyes widened in surprise, as i look at Minhyuk.

"Is that okay with you?"She asked. "Yeah, yeah! It's totally okay with us."I said.

"Mom,this is not a boarding house. Why are you gonna let a boarder live here?"Says Dabin, with her eyebrows up.

"Dabin, stay out of this will you?!"As Dabin rush back to her room, Minhyuk and I look at each other. I let out a deep sigh, as i tilt my head down. This is gonna be hard.

——

Hey guys! What's up? I know, it took me long to update. I apologize. But i hope you like this chapter! Make sure to vote and comment down below anything u want to say.

I loveyou all!