I Love You Too

12 years ago

"Kookie!" 5 year old Taehyung yelled, running over to his best friend.

"TaeTae!" Jungkook giggles, holding out his arms for him.

Their parents laughed as the two little ones hugged each other ever so tightly, although they had seen each other, 2 hours ago.

"I missed chu so much!" The 4 year old squealed, hugging Taehyung tighter.

Taehyung giggled "I missed chu too Kookie!"

Now

Taehyung, for as long as he could remember, loved, and still loved, his best friend.

Jeon Jungkook.

As he grew older, he realized it wasn't just love as family, but he sincerely loved him in a way no one else could.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook giggles, realizing the other was spacing out again.

Taehyung blinked slowly, smiling gently at the other. "Ahh Kookie..Shhh, we're not even supposed to be up this late!" He whispered.

Jungkook smiles. "How about we take a break and go down to the gas station?" He says, holding out his hand as he stood up.

Taehyung immediately took it and nodded. "Okay." He says and they quietly sneak out after getting ready.

Well, it was currently 2 Am, and they really had to study for the upcoming tests they had that week.

As they walk, Taehyung and Jungkook did not let go of each other's hand.

When they go into the old, kind of stinky, gas station, they both look around.

And, their hands finally parted.

Jungkook's head looked over to the chips and he walked over there, picking some out.

Taehyung only felt the need to follow him as he then looked over at the gas station clerk, tilting his head.

As Jungkook then turned to walk around the corner, he walked straight into someone, dropping everything he had in his hands.

"Dang it.." he muttered.

"Hey Jungkook it's o-" Taehyung started before getting cut off by the man.

"Goddammit! Why can't you stupid dumb kids watch where you're going?" The older man said as he looked down at Jungkook.

Jungkook froze and Taehyung frowned, deeply.

What. The. Hell. ?

Taehyung then moved in front of Jungkook and only smiled at the man.

"Sir, maybe if you weren't such an asshole, you would've let my best, most amazing friend apologize, but no you're just a whole meanie who can't handle a small little encounter with someone. So, if you would just..you know, fuck off, we will be on our way." He said and takes Jungkook's hand, noticing the way it was shaking lightly.

Jungkook didn't take insults..all that well.

"You little sh-" the man raises his hand but then was stopped by someone and he glances back, the gas station clerk, whose name is actually just Ray, was holding him back.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." He said calmly.

Before anything else could happen, Taehyung took Jungkook close to him and dragged him out of the gas station.

"Kookie?" He asked quietly, hugging him tightly, noticing it had started to rain.

Jungkook could only stay silent as he leaned against Tae, his bottom lip trembling immensely.

"Kookie, people make mistakes..it's okay." He mutters quietly, but softly, as he hugged the younger tighter.

"I'm sorry.." he mumbles after a while, his voice cracking.

"Wait..Kookie it isn't your fault..No no no..He didn't have to react that way. That man is just a meanie? Ya know, just a meanie, baby." And before he could stop it, that word slipped out his mouth.

But thankfully, Jungkook was shivering and didn't notice, or didn't mind, as he cuddles close to Taehyung.

After a while of standing in the rain, Jungkook looked up, his hair wet against his face.

"Taehyung..thank you for helping me.." he whispered.

Taehyung noticed how close their faces were and got a bit nervous. "I will always be by your side Kookie..I don't want to see you hurt.." he said, recalling the time he wasn't there and he cringed.

Jungkook smiles. "I don't want to see you hurt either TaeTae." he mumbled.

Now everything was silent, not one of them wanted to say a word.

Yet, they were still in close proximity and Taehyung stared at Jungkook's eyes, wondering how they could stay so innocent after all the shit they went through.

"..Kookie..?" He whispered. "How are you so adorable..?"

Jungkook tilted his head and his face went a little red. "T-Taetae I'm not a-"

He didn't get to say the rest before Taehyung leaned in and kissed him, quite softly.

Jungkook's eyes went a whole 'nother kind of wide but he slowly closed them as he started to kiss him back.

After a bit, Taehyung slowly pulled away and gave him a boxy smile. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that.." he mumbled quietly, his face going red.

Jungkook giggled. "It definitely surprised me Tae.." he said and looked at him.

"Please tell me I didn't just ruin our friendship..because..Jungkook.." he muttered, using his full name, "I've liked - no - loved you for a really long time but I just never wanted to ruin our friendship. Because you mean so much to me Jungkookie."

Jungkook went silent and Taehyung freaked a bit.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shieeettt

Well..there goes my love life.

"I'm sorry Jungko-"

"I love you too."

"What..?"

Taehyung did not just hear those words from his forever crush's mouth.

"I said, TaeTae.." Jungkook tries not to giggle, "I love you too."

"Okay good because I was freaking out and I thought I might have just ruined our whole friendship and-"

"Tae, it's literally 3 Am, just shut up and kiss me again..please?"

Taehyung could definitely not say no as he pulled Jungkook close to him, kissing him softly again.

Okay guys...should I delete the chapter "Number 7" ? Cause it just definitely does not fit my whole plot of stories 🤨🥺.

But anyway I'm back!! :) And I hope you like this story it's been in my edits for a long time! 🥺