twenty two

[Jade]

Clint, Natasha and Jade the Lion kept on fighting the waves of Chitauri that kept coming from the wormhole. They were starting to become overwhelmed when Steve jumped in the fight from the roof of a car and it didn't take long for Thor to join as well, killing the rest of the soldiers around them with a bolt of lightning from his hammer.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked Thor while Jade transformed back into a human.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable."

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys," Jade could hear Tony say from her earpiece.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked as she looked towards Steve.

"Yeah, we haven't exactly defeated a big part of the army and there could be thousands more of those things that still haven't shown up," Jade said as more of the Chitauri soldiers flew above them.

"We do this as a team," Steve said while keeping his eyes on the soldiers.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor said.

"Oh yeah? Get in line," Clint said while he readied more arrows.

"Sorry Thor, you're third on the list of wanting revenge," Jade said while he gave her a questioning look. "He threw me out of the helicarrier," she said with a shrug.

"Save it," Steve said to them. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things will run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us to-"

Steve's speech was unfortunately interrupted by Banner arriving on an old motorcycle. They all walked over to him as he stepped off from it and looked around at the destruction.

"So, this all seems horrible."

"I've seen worse," Natasha said to him.

"Same here, though this does place in the top five," Jade said as she looked warily at the flames not too far from where they were standing.

"Sorry," Banner said to Natasha while he gave a small smile to Jade.

"No, we could... use a little worse."

And soon enough Tony came flying from around the corner of a building with what he had called 'the party', which proved to be the giant monster that had come through the portal earlier.

"I don't see how that's a party," Natasha said with a slight stutter.

Tony flew lower so that the monster flew against the road, the only problem was that it would crush all of them if Banner would fail. They continued to stand still as Banner started walking towards the monster.

"Doctor Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry," Steve said.

"That's my secret, Cap," Banner started as he stooped walking to look back at them. "I'm always angry."

And true to his word, Banner started transforming and soon enough it was the Hulk who punched the monster, making its head stop while its body continued to go up. Some of the armor on it fell off along the way, giving Tony a clear shot with his missile and killing it in the process and making it fall to the ground.

The seven of them stood in a small circle, looking at all of the soldiers on the walls that were screaming towards them, making the Hulk roar back in response.

"You think they're scared yet?" Jade said as she leaned closer to Natasha, making the woman give her a smirk in return.

But apparently, they were so intimidated that Loki decided to send the rest of the Chitauri from the wormhole, hundreds of soldiers and a few monsters coming out from it.