seventeen

[Jade]

When Tony suggested that they would get out of Malibu for a while, Jade was not expecting them to stay at the new Stark Tower in New York. She had never been in a city with so many people, so when they arrived you could say that she wasn't the most certain in leaving the tower.

Though with the company of Tony, Jade had actually explored some of the city while still being human, which they both saw as an improvement from before when she didn't leave the house. He hah also shown her some of the most popular places in New York and she especially enjoyed the peace and quiet time in Central Park.

***

Tony was fixing the last of the tower while Jade, with the company of Pepper, were checking so that everything held up, even though Jade didn't understand what the screen was telling them.

He came soaring towards the tower as they lit it up and Jade could only guess that it looked quite spectacular.

"Well, tell us. How does it look?"

"Like Christmas, but with more... me," Tony answered as he saw it.

"Of course it does," Jade said to Pepper, making her let out a laugh.

"I heard that."

Tony landed on the big balcony, walking while the machines took off pieces of his suit before he came inside.

"Levels are holding steady... I think," Pepper said as she watched the screens while Jade took a seat at the table.

"Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question: how does it feel to be a genius?"

"Mabey that's a question you should ask yourself next time, Tony. Neither of us are exactly geniuses," Jade said in response, making Tony glare at her playfully.

"C'mon. Give yourselves some credit. Pepper can have 12 percent and Jade can have... let's say you get 15 percent."

"12 percent?" Pepper questioned as she walked towards Jade.

"Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you."

"How come I get more than Pepper? You're aware I didn't do anything, right?"

"Well, I'm giving you an extra 15 because you also live here," Tony said and even though it wasn't exactly the best argument, Tony made it sound like something obvious.

He continued reminding them of the incident caused by Pepper that had his private elevator filled with 'sweaty workmen', in the meantime Pepper proceeded to pour the three of them glasses of champagne.

"I'll tell you what. Next building's gonna say 'Potts' on the tower."

"On the lease."

Tony hesitated when they were about to clink their glasses together. 

"Call your mom, can you bunk over? The three of us could have a slumber party." Both Jade and Pepper laughed at him, but they were interrupted by Jarvis's voice.

"Sir, the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten."

They heard a voice coming from the telephone beside Tony on the table. He picked it up, but instead of answering he decided to pretend it wasn't him, which was something that Jade found quite amusing.

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message."

"This is urgent."