eighteen

[Jade]

Even though she didn't really want to, Jade still partially became Tony's study buddy for a few hours before she fell asleep on the couch when he was still reading out loud to her so she wouldn't have to read by herself.

Later on the next day, Tony was called in to go to Germany because the man with the blue cube -apparently called the Tesseract- showed up there. Jade told Tony to travel there without her since he would be faster and that she would catch up. He gave her a way to track him and after getting a good-luck from Jade they both went outside with Tony putting on his suit and Jade making full use of her training to imagine a Peregrine falcon so she could fly as fast as possible.

Jade took flight and was soon passed by Tony as he waved to her when he flew by before the only thing she could see of him was the light of his flight stabilizers.

-

When Jade took a quick moments rest to check on her GPS she saw that while on his way back, Tony had suddenly stopped and wasn't moving on the small screen. She became slightly worried as she transformed back to fly even faster because of her powers.

When she was almost there she could see light coming from the forest, guessing that Tony had something to do with what sounded like fighting. She soared above when she spotted something on the cliffs nearby, it was the man that had the Tesseract. He didn't seem like he wanted to escape, but Jade couldn't take any chances so she flew down and landed just above him on the rocks before transforming back into a human.

"You know," She started, startling the man before her, "during all the years I've been alive, I have never seen someone dress as strange as you do."

The man shook off his shocked expression, his unnaturally blue eyes piercing through her own, but her brown eyes were unwavering.

"And who might you be? One of my brother allies? Or are you perhaps in partnership with the man of iron and the soldier?"

"How nice to finally meet someone else with a British accent," Jade said with sarcasm in her voice. "Though it seems like yours is a little different. Tell me: where do you come from?"

The man lifted his chin in pride and puffed out his chest a little. "I am Loki, from Asgard. And tell me human, who are you?"

Jade gave him a playful smirk in response while crossing her legs to seem like she wasn't bothered by him. "Jade Dawson. Not descendant from Jack Dawson who died on the Titanic and a name that will never be found in any history or mythology book."

"Your powers, they are not from this world. Are you sure you are from Midgard?" His question caught her off guard and her smile fell. He was the only one she ever met who seemed to know anything about her powers. She had once read a book that told her that he seemed to have similar powers to her, although she couldn't be sure since it was only a book with Norse mythology.

"Quite positive."

It looked like Loki wanted to say something else, but their conversation was cut short when Tony and another man in a cape arrived. Jade jumped down from where she was sitting and walked towards Tony, though she couldn't meet him since the other man lifted a giant hammer to her face to threaten her.

"Hey Cape Master, you might want to consider ask first shoot later in some situations," Tony said as he lifted his hand to make the man lower the hammer. "She's not a threat, she's with me."

The man put his hammer down and went to take a hold of Loki's arm before looking back at her. "I apologize, my lady. I am Thor Odinson. You have my gratitude for guarding my brother."