sixteen

[Jade]

"So, what's our next move?" Jade asked Tony. The phone call he had had with Ivan Vanko was less than pleasant since he had threatened him.

"My next move is to take down Vanko, somehow." He said as he walked over to his suit

"And where do I fit in?"

"You don't, you'll stay here and eat ice cream. I'll be catching up with you in a few hours."

"Tony, I know that I can help you," she said and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You can't help me if you get shot to death, Jade. I'll fix this on my own."

"But there must be something that I can do, please Tony. I can't just sit here and wait to see if you come out alive or not."

"That's exactly what you're going to do," He said before putting down the mask of the suit, "Be a good dog and stay."

He lifted from the ground and flew outside, Jade running slightly behind him in a poor attempt to catch up while shouting his name.

She stopped when he continued to fly away from her. She pulled on her hair in frustration at him before muttering "Good dog my ass", transforming into a bird to catch up with him.

When she got near the Stark Expo, she could see that something had gone wrong. Drones were flying around and shooting people and she could also see Rhodey in the suit that he took from Tony.

Her original plan was to only help Tony, but she couldn't just stand by while people could get killed. She landed in an alley and searched her brain for an animal that could destroy a drone.

One of the drones landed near her, aiming towards the people running away. She transformed into a rhino and charged at it even though she could barely see it from that distance, but she managed to hit it with her horn. The drown hit the ground and was on it's way to stand up again until Jade stoped on it to destroy it.

She ran back to the alley and transformed into a human to go inside the expo, suspecting Pepper to be there. When she got inside she found Pepper and Natasha, running to catch up with them.

She called out Pepper's name to get her attention, she turned around and saw Jade standing there.

"Jade, what are you doing here? I thought you were at home?" Pepper said while grabbing Jade's arm to make her come along with her and Natasha.

"I came here to help, is there anything I can do? Are there any drones around here?"

"None that are on ground level. We're going to see what's going on."

They continued walking until they found Justin Hammer, apparently knowing more about the problem than he should have.

He tried to make them go away and blame everything on Tony, but Natasha pinned Justing to the desk to get answers from him.

"You tell me who's behind this. Who's behind this?"

"Ivan. Ivan Vanko," Justin told them.

After getting the information about where he was, Natasha let him go. She looked at Jade and motioned her to follow. Jade hesitated for a few moments but decided that Pepper would be safe to stay there without her.

They got into the car with Happy to get to Hammer Industries. On their way there, Natasha decided to change into the suit she had at the doughnut shop.

When they arrived there Natasha told Happy to stay in the car, though he didn't want to listen.

"Happy, I have superpowers and she knows how to fight. I think we'll be fine without you," Jade said to reason with him.