I love you, Juniper Kristen Marie Thompson, like you have no idea.
-Tyler.

I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath. When I opened them, I could barely see. Everything was blurry. Then, a single tear fell in slow motion and along with that came the rest. I hiccup a sob and for once in my life, I didn't feel bad or weak.

I felt loved, and I felt my heart explode because of that love. It had been so long since I felt this way, like I belonged somewhere, with somoene, in this gigantic world. I no longer felt lost, I no longer felt weak, I felt humane.

I kept crying, not caring about anyone that would see me, although there was nobody to observe me. Only the sky was my witness.

Suddenly, I felt my brain snap open and a series of events floated in my mind. I was sucked back into my childhood.

JJ and I were sitting on the edge of the rink, I was putting my skates on and he was busy on his phone.

"JJ, can you help me?" I asked him with a tiny voice.

He snorted.
"Your a big girl Krissy, you can do it yourself." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Why are you being such an ass?' I asked him. He gave me a blank look and wrapped his hands around my throat gently.

"Wach your tone, Krissy, I'm not mom and dad." He warned, applying a bit of pressure, just enough to make me squirm and gasp. He let go of me and I let out small coughs.

"And don't swear, its unladylike. " he said with a wicked grin. He stood up and left, going God know's where.

"Juniper, sweetie are you done?" My father's warm voice said. He came and kneeled infront of me. I blocked out JJ's mini rage episode and focused on tiying my laces. When I was done, I let my hair fall and ruffled it slightly. I stood up and zipped up my coat. My father offered me his hand but I shook my head.

"Im a big girl, daddy. Watch me." I told him and stepped into the ice rink. My small frame wobbled slightly but I regained my balance and started going around in circles. I caught my father's proud expression from afar and gave him a curious look. A skitted, the blades making noise against the ice at my abrupt stop.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he just continued to smile.

"You will make somoene very happy one day." Was all he said. I gave him a puzzled look as we sat on the nearby bench.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He just laughed and ruffled my hair.

"One day, when you find yourself alone, when I wont be here and when you feel like you have wandered far from the borders of home, you will find refuge in somebody who will fill you with love. And then, you wont be alone." He told me.

"How will I know?" I asked tentatively, my cheeks rosy pink because of the cold.

Dad smiled at me and touched my forehead gently.

"That, my dear daughter, is something you will have to figure out on your own. "

"You are very wise for your age, my child. You are a rare breed, a very unique, extraordinary and selfless human being." He said softly to me.

"Your making me feel like the math equation dad." I warned and he just smiled. He pulled me into a side hug.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you will never forget how much I love you, Juniper." He said.