Chapter 16

I try to scream but I can't. Who ever has me has a firm grip on me and my mouth. I can't even struggle despite how much I want to. I start to panic. I'm pregnant and I have a loving husband and a daughter. The person carrying me comes to a stop and sets me on the ground. Dad? "Dad? Is that you?" I ask. "Yes, I needed to talk to you. Your mother too," he says softly. "Then why not just come to my front door and ask to speak to me like a normal person?!" I spit at him. "We didn't want your husband around or your daughter," he tells me. "We wanted to just speak to you," I hear my mothers voice. "Okay then speak so I can get my pregnant self back home," I say. "This is about Carter," my dad tells me. "What about him? He's not taking Alice from me again or Joseph. Joseph isn't even his," I say starting to panic. "He wants to kidnap you Heather Grace!" My dad says. "After you have Joseph he wants to kidnap you. And make you pay for taking Alice from him," my mother explains. "When you get back home tell Josh. Do anything you can to keep you and him and your children safe," they tell me then they walk away. Leaving me in the middle of the woods. I walk back home and I get to the door Josh has it open and he runs to me. "I'm so glad you're okay," he says in a panic. "I'm fine Josh, I need to tell you something," I say. "Okay, let's go inside," he says. We walk inside and I tell him everything that happened. "I will keep my family safe. No matter what," he says as he hugs me to him. "Nothing will keep you or our children from me. We'll figure something out." I just nod. I'm shaking. Just when I think things are going right Carter has to mess things up.