Chapter 5

It's the perfect kiss. Josh's lips mold with mine as our tongues explore each other's mouths. Josh pulls away first and looks at me with soft hazel eyes. "Josh," I whisper.

"I've wanted to do that for four years," he tells me.

"What do you mean?"

"Heather Grace, I've had a crush on you for four years," he explains.

"Then why approach me now? Now that I'm pregnant and alone you approach me?"

"I didn't have the courage to, and when I tried in the past you walked off before I could get to you. And when I saw you sitting alone yesterday I took my chance," he explains. "You being pregnant has nothing to do with it," he adds.

"Josh, I'm not what you want. Just go okay?" I tell him.

"Heather," he whines.

"Just go Josh," I say and walk to my apartment. I don't look back to see if he leaves. When I get in my apartment I catch myself looking out the window to see if he's gone. I watch as he leaves. He stayed until I got into my apartment. I smile a little. He does care about me. He says he's had a crush on me for four years. I don't know if I believe him though.

That kiss was amazing. I wish I could kiss him again but I told him to leave. I'm so messed up and my life is out of order right now. I don't need a relationship with a baby on the way.

I fix dinner for myself and start working on putting some of the furniture for Alice together. A few hours later I sit back and sigh heavily. "Well Alice, your crib is finally together," I say and rub my belly. She kicks in response. I smile a little. I walk to my room and shower then get ready for bed.

I wake up Monday morning and get ready for my last week of school. I haven't seen Josh since I told him to leave. Although I'm sure I see his car drive by the apartment complex. I make the walk to school and arrive a few minutes early. I walk to my first period class and wait outside the door for class to start.

"Come with me," Josh says and grabs my arm.

"What? Why?" I ask him. He drags me to a secluded spot under a stair way where nobody goes.

"Why haven't you answered me?" He asks.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I explain.

"I've texted you a million times and called you. Are you okay?" He asks urgently.

"Josh I'm fine," I tell him. "I've been home all weekend. Putting Alice's furniture together."

"I thought something happened to you. But I also wanted you to see something," he says. He pulls his phone out and shows me someone's status on Facebook. 'HG needs to keep her pregnancy to herself and stop using it as a weapon.' Then he shows me another one. 'HG is just using him to get what she wants.'

"Stop showing me these," I say on the verge of tears.

"All from Carter, has he touched you or seen you lately?" He asks me.

"No, I only see him in the halls but I dodge him when I do see him," I explain. The bell for first period goes off.

"Heather Grace he's trying to get to you to hurt you," Josh tells me. "Hitting you where it hurts. He knows you'll do anything to save Alice. And keep her from him. He told me he wants to keep Alice for himself." My face goes white and I faint.