-13

Rin.

Novicio Residence.

"Soooo, ano ulit pag-uusapan natin?" she began as soon as she sat down the porch and look at everywhere except me.

I sat down beside her and took everything in. Her scent, her hair, her skin. Then there's the surroundings. We're at Novicio Residence's backyard. 10 years ago, I started living in here with Ken. We explained (not all) everything about his family. Of course, not everything–everything. Would his Mother have liked it if we tell them that Ken killed his Dad? Or I killed his Dad? Of course not! We pinned it to another person of course.

Ding ding ding! Yes! You're correct! I am evil.

I'm beginning to think that I have ADHD as well, how could I easily take every information in a flash? Well, there's no point dwelling in that matter, since I am—this is a fact—a genius.

She pursed her lips and inched farther from me. Nervous, uneasy. Ah, she thinks I might hear her heartbeat if I get any closer than this.

I chuckled at the thought. Human ears can't hear your inner organs working, mija.

She regained her composure and looked at me with her brows raised as if asking me "what's so funny?"

"I can't hear your heartbeat."

"Will you stop that?" She shifted uneasily in her seat. "It's been 11 years and you still do that."

"Do what?"

"Read people's minds, dumbass."

"But I can't." I frowned. Why do people always say that? Is it my fault they lack observation and simple analysation that they can't read people's behaviours?

"Whatever." She sighed. "So? Anong kailangan mo?"

"It's not what I need, but what you need." I said and looked at the trees. "I want you to know how I made you love me." I looked at her and smiled. "After all that reminiscing when we were children—oops, that's wrong, when you guys were children. I think you deserve to know why I chose you, right?"

She stayed silent.

"Manipulation game," I began. "I've always liked that game. It's a solo player game. Really it is, but in order to play it I need other people." I laughed. "Ironic, isn't it?"

I sighed and swayed my legs hanging from being seated on the porch. "When I first saw you . . . you reminded me of Coreen." I looked at her. "Your grandmother."

She shifted her gaze hesitantly. Curious, afraid of the truth, contradiction. "I loved her, you know." I sighed. "That's why when I saw you I got curious. I told myself, 'I have to make this girl mine.'" I looked at her and smiled. "And I did."

She scoffed in disbelief and rolled her eyes. "Hindi ka masyadong mayabang ano?"

"Slight." I chuckled.

"So, how did you do it? I'm ready to know the whole truth."

"Are you sure about that?"

She gulped visibly. "Yes."

"Well then." I stretched my arms in front of me and gazed at the sky. "Prepare to be amazed."

11 years ago, Novicio Academy.

I was walking along the halls of my new school, when I happen to come across a delightful sight.

She was lovely, entrancing, if this is how magnets felt when they see each other, I may have just become one. There's this energy around her that pulls me in. It's strangely appealing and yet . . . it's scary.