Part 19: The morning after

Lapis Pov:

waking up to rhythmic throbbing headache, i groan as i sit up in my bed and look around, flinching a little at the bright sunlight streaming through the window, i look down and see i'm still wearing the same clothes from last night. Picking myself up out of bed i grab some clothes and head into the bathroom, i clean myself up, showering, brushing my teeth and changing, i dump my clothes from last night into the hamper and go out the door, going downstairs. 

Walking into the living room everyone is cleaning up the mess from last night before Mr and Mrs. Universe arrive home, as i walk Amethyst turns to look at me "Heeey Lapis, finally up huh?" i nod as i rub my forehead with my hand "Yeah... what even happened last night?" Pearl briefly pauses her cleaning and turns to me "Well, it seems you got yourself rather intoxicated last night, Peridot had to take care of you upstairs for a good portion of the night" i feel my face turn slightly red "S-she did?" Amethyst nods as she grins widely at me "Yuup, it was almost like you were some married couple" my face reddens slightly more "O-oh... well, um, i should probably go thank her". 

I look around the house for a few minutes but i can't seem to find Peridot, i head into the kitchen where Garnet is putting some empty bottles into a box "Umm, hey Garnet, do you know where Peridot is?" she looks up at me as she drops a bottle into the box "Peridot? She went to grab some coffee for everyone" i nod and turn slightly "Thanks Garnet" she smiles and gives me a thumbs up as i head down the hall and sit at the bottom of the stairs as i wait for Peridot to get home. 

Just as my head is about to slip off of my hand the door opens and Peridot walks in with a holder full of coffee cups "Oh, umm, hi Lapis... uh, why are you sitting on the stairs?" i sit up and look over at her "Oh, well i was kinda waiting for you to get back" her face turns slightly red "Y-you were? why?" i fidget with my hand a little as i stand up "Well... umm, i wanted to... thank you for taking care of me last night... even though i don't really remember what happened" she smiles a little as she closes the door behind her "Oh, you're welcome Lapis and uh-... d-did you say you didn't remember what happened last night?" i shake my head at her as i step off of the stairs "No... nothing after i had a drink or two" she looks at me as her face turns a little more red "Umm... Lapis can you wait here a sec?" i nod slightly as i look at her a little confused "Uh, sure yeah".

Peridot hurries into the kitchen where i hear her place down the tray of coffee, exchange a brief comment with Garnet then hurry back over, she grabs my hand and leads me upstairs and into our room, she closes the door behind her and paces a little. I look at her strangely as she mutters quietly to herself "Uhh Peridot? did something happen last night?" she turns to face me, her cheeks flushed a distinct shade of red "W-well... umm, y-you see umm..." i stare at her as she stutters slightly "Umm, when i brought you up here last night you kind of, umm... k-kissed me..." my eyes widen and my cheeks turn i bright shade of red "I what?! I kissed you?!" she nods, both our faces now red, i stare at the floor for a second before back up at her "D-did... did i say anything?" she nods slightly as she fidgets with her hands "W-what did i say?".

She looks up at me, her face still red, i notice her bite the inside of her cheek before she speaks up "W-well umm, you kind said that... y-you liked me" i stare at her for a second "Well, of course i like you, we are friends" she shakes her head slightly "No... you meant, umm, the romantic like" my face turns brighter red, to the point my cheeks look like cherries. I stare in shock for a second before i speak up "W-well i was drunk a-and i-i... ummm-" i get interrupted by Peridot "U-umm Lapis... i... like you too..." i stop and look at her, her emerald eyes slowly look up at me, a nervous look filling them. 

My eyes stay locked on hers as i feel my heart gradually start to beat faster in my chest, and urge to react somehow slowly building up inside of me, her eyes slowly drawing me in, the only sound in the room being that of our breathing. I inch closer to her, so much so that we're practically touching, she looks up at me, her eyes still locked with mine "Peridot... i..." my head unconsciously leans down, her nose a pin's breadth away from mine, the sound of her soft breathing filling my mind.