Part 15: A touch of convincing

Peridot Pov:

Sitting at my desk i stare idly at my computer, the blank screen reflecting my face slightly, i wonder why Lapis was asking me about parties earlier? was she planning on throwing one? No, she doesn't seem like the type who would throw parties. I spin slightly in my chair, glancing out the window slightly, it's still fairly light outside, i can hear Mr and Mrs. Universe packing for tomorrow in the other room. 

As i stare out the window i hear the door push open, i turn to see Lapis walk in and push the door closed behind her, she walks over to her bed and sits on the edge for a second before looking over at me "Hey Peridot, you wanna do something?" i look back at her and shrug slightly "Uhh, sure i guess, did you have anything in mind?" she looks about for a second before stopping on my shelves with dvds before turning back to me "Hey, how about we watch something, do you have a tv we could watch one on?" i nod slightly as i get up out of my chair "Sure, sounds good, let me just get my tv" i go over to my bed and pull out a box from underneath it, i open it and pull out my tv, plugging it into a socket and placing it on top of the box. As i do Lapis gets up and walks over to the shelves, looking over all the dvds for a second until she pulls out my Camp Pining Hearts boxset, seems she has good taste, she turns to face me "How about we watch this?" i nod as i reach out and take the boxset from her hand, pulling out the first disc "Sure, i love this series" she smiles slightly as she nods "Yeah, me too".

I turn back to the tv, turning it on with the button on the top, pushing the disc into the inbuilt dvd player, i angle the tv towards Lapis' bed and slide my chair over next to her, i hand her the remote as the menu for the dvd pops up on the screen. Lapis smiles as she points the remote towards the tv and presses the play button, the screen turning black before the intro pops up on screen. 

We sit for several hours with our eyes fixed on the screen as we watch episode after episode, the sky darkening outside as we watch. Once the credits of the last episode on the disk rolls off the screen we both lean back and stare at the ceiling slightly before i go to get up, as i start pushing myself Lapis sits up and looks over at me "Hey, Peridot, before we start the next disc can i talk to you about something?" i sit back slightly as i look back at her "Uhh, sure yeah, what did you want to talk about?" she uncrosses her legs as she looks over at me "So, you know how i asked you about how you feel about parties at school today?" i look at her slightly confused "Yeah?" she turns to face me a little more "Well, since all of us here are going to be alone tomorrow... Amethyst was kinda going to throw a party" i stare at her a little in silence before responding "Well... that certainly is a thing that Amethyst would do" she sits for a second before speaking up again "Right, well... i was considering joining in and... was wondering if you wanted to join too?" 

Sitting in silence i think for a second "Well, just like i said at school today, i don't really see the point" Lapis looks at me briefly before responding "I know, it's just... since we just became friends and all i thought it would be a good opportunity for us to get to know each other better... kind of like tonight" i stare at her for a second as i think before i respond to her, sighing slightly "Well... i suppose it wouldn't be too bad to at least try going to one, especially if i don't even have to leave the house" a slight smile appears on Lapis' face, i hand her the remote as i stand up "Hey, i'm gonna go get some snacks, do you want anything?" she nods slightly as she gets up and goes over to the tv "Yeah, sure, just get me anything" i nod as i go out the door and head downstairs.

While in the kitchen i grab two cans of soda and a bowl of popcorn, i head back upstairs and into my room, as i open the door i see Lapis has already finished setting up the next disc, i hand her one of the two cans and place the bowl on the corner of her bed. I turn off the light and plop myself down in my chair, i smile over at Lapis and she presses the play button on the remote, the screen lighting up with a new episode as we settle down and relax for a long night of viewing.