Part 18: Drunken rambles

Peridot Pov:  

I nervously make my way upstairs and outside the door to my room, i stand there for a minute, thinking about what to say when i go back in. Slowly pushing the door open i peek inside, Lapis is sitting up against her bed again, i quietly slip in and close the door behind me, as i do Lapis looks over and spots me "Heeeey Peri, back for another kiss?" i sigh slightly as i sit across from her again "still not sober yet i see... at least you're alright" she looks at me a little strangely "Of course i'm alright... i've got you looking after me". I sit and look at her a second before nervously speaking up "Hey, Lapis... do you... do you really like me?" she smiles at me and chuckles slightly "Of course i do, i wouldn't have kissed ya if i didn't".

Lapis looks at me for a second before speaking up again "Why, don't you like me? Oh god you don't like me do you? Uuugh i'm such an idiot" i shake my head at her "No Lapis i... i do like you... i just thought... you'd never be interested in someone like me" she stares at me for a second before laughing a little "Of course i like someone like you silly, 'cause like, just look at you, you're so small, and cute... and it's always so funny when you get flustered, your face goes all red and adorable" i can't help but blush at her comment which causes her to point at me "See? just like that, all cute and red" i laugh slightly at her remark "You know... drunk Lapis is quite different from sober Lapis" she scoffs and lays her head back on the side of her bed "I'm not drunk... you're drunk".

We sit there a minute in silence before Lapis sits up and looks at me again "Peeeri, wanna kiss again?" i blush and stare at her slightly "Lapis... we shouldn't... you're drunk and not thinking properly" she shakes her heads and looks me in the eyes "I'm thinking perfectly and i wanna kiss you Peridot" she scoots forward slightly, though i put out my hand to stop her "Lapis, as much as i'd like to... you're drunk, and it would be wrong to take advantage of you" she smiles and giggles slightly "Awww, you're so thoughtful... not like Jasper was..." we sit in silence again. 

After a moment i look up at her "Umm Lapis, i never asked this before, but... why exactly did you move back here?" she looks at me for a second and her face saddens slightly "Well... my life was crap... i was abused all the time... nobody liked me... and some other crap i can't remember" i stare at her for a second "Lapis i... i'm so sorry... i had no idea" she looks at me a little confused "Why are you sorry?... you're the reason i have things so good now" i blush slightly and look at her a little surprised "I... i am?" she smiles and nods "Yup, you were nice to me, you apologised for when you were Jasper's friend, and you talked to me when nobody else would...heh, that's why i like you so much Peeeri" i sit staring at her with my face bright red in slight disbelief. 

She smiles and crawls over to me, wrapping her arms around me, i sit nervously for a second before i place my arms around her, as she hugs me her chest presses slightly against mine, i can faintly feel her soft heartbeat in her chest, it's such a soothing feeling. Lapis tilts her head up to my ear and whispers quietly "You feel so soft Peri, you're like a pillow" i laugh softly into her shoulder. 

Once a minute has passed i start to feel a little strange about how quiet Lapis has been, just as i'm about to speak up i hear a soft snore come from her, i let out a soft snicker and gently lift my arms off of her back, i carefully lift her arms off of me, laying her on the floor. Standing up i slowly pull her shoes off and place them by the end of her bed, i pull her covers to the side slightly, i reach down and carefully pick her up and lift her onto her bed, softly pulling the covers over her. I head over to my chair and sit down, i smile slightly to herself as i look over at Lapis as she snores softly, i can hear people downstairs starting to leave and head home, i look out the window slightly and see people getting into the cars. Looking back at Lapis i feel myself slowly start to drift off.