Part 10: Maybe she's not so bad

Lapis Pov:

I sat on my bed, just staring over at the frame lying on my dresser, i get snapped out of it slightly as there is a call from downstairs, Mr. Universe telling us dinner is ready. While eating i decide to just stay quiet, as i'm feeling strange, i have been since Peridot gave me that gift, after i finish i excuse myself and start to head upstairs, as i do i notice that Peridot is chatting to everyone more than she usually does, she seems... happy. Walking into my room i close the door behind me, i look over at my dresser and the frame lying on it, i walk over and pick it up, going over to my bed and sitting on the edge.

Looking down at the frame i can't help but be drawn to the water drop shaped stone in the middle, it's, beautiful, to say the least, i can't believe she actually got something this pretty for me, how much did this even cost? I turn the frame slightly so the stone reflects in the light, why did she even bother buying it? I mean, she did already apologise, but i guess i can't complain too much, it does look nice and all. As i look down at the frame i can't help but smile a little, well, at least she went through the effort to get this, i wonder where she got it, maybe some new place.

Standing up i walk back over to my dresser, placing the frame down, though this time i prop it up so i can see the stone inside from my bed, i smile a little again as i go to my bed, sitting back down on the edge. I look up at Peridot's side of the room, taking the chance to take a proper look at her stuff now that i'm alone, she has a few books on science, like a robotics book, her desk is adorned with several toys, the kind you get in mystery bags, on the wall above her bed is a poster for a science-fiction film i've never really heard of. I look over at the small bookshelf she has next to her nightstand, she has a few sci-fi books and one or two fantasy novels on the top shelf, the next few shelves are lined with several dvds of films and tv shows, skimming through them something catches my eye a few titles in, a couple of box sets of Camp Pining Hearts, huh, i love that show, maybe i'll ask her to borrow them some time. 

My eyes drift over to the window, i stare out at the slowly darkening sky, small drops of rain hitting against the window softly,  you know, maybe Peridot's not so bad, i mean, she did tell me Jasper doesn't know about me yet, and if she was his real friend she probably would have told him already... so maybe i should just lighten up around her, or at least be a little nice to her. I lay back on my bed, staring at the ceiling and listening to the gentle sound of the rain, i always find it so relaxing, it just makes me feel at ease. 

Getting up i grab some clothes and head into the bathroom, pulling my clothes off and stepping into the shower, i turn it on and let the water hit against my face as i feel it slowly warm up, i take my time in washing myself, enjoying the relaxing feeling of the water hitting against my skin. I step out into the slightly cold air of the bathroom, turning the water off and grabbing a towel to dry myself off, i gently rub the towel over my body, drying myself off and grabbing the spare clothes i brought with me, getting dressed and heading back to my room where Peridot is now sitting on her computer, working on something with her headphones on. 

Closing the door behind me i walk over to my bed and sit down, sighing softly as i stare out the window again, the sky now darker, with the streetlights outside now on, giving the rain against the window a slightly orange tint. I lay back on my bed and look over at Peridot for a second before back to the ceiling, maybe i'll try being nicer to her, tomorrow though, i'm too tired for anything else today, i shift over and slip myself under the covers, turning my nightlight off and rolling over, facing away from the light of Peridot's computer, closing my eyes and slowly drifting off to the quiet sounds of the rain against the window and the keys of Peridot's computer.