Part 16: An interesting night Ahead

Lapis Pov:

My eyes slowly opened to light streaming in through the window, i sat up slightly to see the tv on the dvd menu, i looked over to see Peridot slumped over in her chair and snoring lightly, i rub my head slightly, damn it seems we fell asleep watching tv all night. I pick up the empty sofa can lying next to me and toss it lightly over at Peridot, it hits her in the shoulder and she jolts awake "W-wha... ugh, what time is it?" i shrug and she leans over in her chair, grabbing her phone off of the floor. She sighs slightly as she leans back in her chair "It's 10 past 7, we should probably get ready for school now" i nod slightly as i tiredly stand up "Yup, that we should" we both clean ourselves up and grab breakfast, heading out to school.

I sit in my morning classes with my head resting in my hand as i try to focus on not falling asleep, when lunchtime rolls around i head to my usual table where Peridot is already sitting, i place myself across from her and pull out my food. She looks like she's just as tired as i am, we make slight small talk as we eat for a short while until Amethyst walks up to our table "Hey there, you two ready to have some fun tonight?" we both nod slowly in response "Alright! well, i'm gonna head home now and start prepping, see ya tonight" she turns and eagerly walks out of the cafeteria. Once the bell rings we both head to our classes, anticipating the night to come once we leave.

When my classes i head to the front door and meet up with Peridot so we can walk home, while we're walking we decide to talk a little "So, are you excited to be going to your first party?" she shrugs slightly "Well, i guess, i guess i just don't really know what to expect" she looks down at her shoes slightly as she walks "That's ok, you can just stick with me the whole time if it'll make you feel more comfortable" she smiles a little and looks up at me "Thanks Lapis, i'd appreciate that". We talk a little while more until we walk up to the house, the door is open and there's several boxes on the pathway with two cars already parked outside, as we walk up to the door Pearl walks out "Oh, hello you two" Peridot stops and stares at her a second "Pearl? what are you doing here? i thought you didn't like parties" she nods slightly and clasps her hands in front of her "Yes, well i decided to come and make sure things don't get too out of hand, you know how Amethyst can be".

We nod and head inside where Garnet is standing with a case of beer under her arm, she turns and smiles at us "Afternoon you two, here to enjoy the party i presume?" we both nod slightly and smile a little, as we do Garnet places the case down nearby and turns back to us "Now i want you lot to be responsible and not drink too much okay?" we nod again and she crosses her arms slightly "Okay?" we both nod and reply at the same time "Yes Garnet" she smiles and pats us on the shoulder "Good, now make sure you have fun tonight". As everyone is setting up we head upstairs and into our room, we place our bags down and get changed into something more casual, once we're changed we head back downstairs where all the drinks and snacks are now set up, as we're looking around Amethyst comes over to us "Hey, you guys are back already, and you're changed too, that's great! everybody should be arriving soon so get ready for an awesome time".

I go and sit on the sofa while i wait for everyone to arrive, Peridot comes and sits next to me and we chat a little while we wait. After about half an hour a good few people have arrived and started talking and getting drinks, as everyone's talking Amethyst puts on some music, i decide to get up and go get a drink, as i do Peridot nervously follows me. Picking up a bottle i pour it out into a plastic cup, as i do Peridot taps me on the arm "Hey, uh, Lapis, umm... i've kinda never had any alcohol before" i smile at her a little as i pour her a drink, handing her the cup "Don't worry, you can take your time to drink it, it'll help you get used to it" she nods slightly and takes a shy sip from her cup, she grimaces a little as she drinks it "Ugh ,it's so bitter" i can't help but laugh a little at her reaction as i take a drink from my own cup. 

As the night goes on i finish my first drink and pick up the second, causing me to start feeling buzzed, though Peridot just keeps occasionally sipping from her cup, i decide to talk to a few people throughout the night to get to know some people a little better. After a while i finish my drink and finish a third one which leaves me feeling quite buzzed, i wander on over to Peridot and place my hand on her shoulder "Heeey Peridot, having fun?" she looks at me a little strangely "Lapis? are you drunk?" i shake my head at her "What? no? i've only had three drinks" she puts her drink down on a nearby table and puts her hand on my arm "I think i should take you somewhere more quiet" i smile a little and let her lead me through the crowd of people "Oooh, where ya taking me Peri?" she ignores my question and takes me upstairs and into my room.

Peridot leads me into the room and i walk over to my bed and sit on the floor with my back against the bed with Peridot sitting across from me "Lapis, i think you should stay here a bit, at least until you sober up a bit" i stare at her for a second before speaking up "Hey Peri, do you like anyone?" she looks at me a little confused "Well, uh, i like you don't i?" i shake my head at her "No... not that kind of like... do you LIKE anyone?" her face turns slightly red "Oh, right... u-umm well, n-not really" i grin widely and lean closer to her slightly "Really? i don't believe you" she just sits with her face slightly red "y'know Peri, i like you, you're just so short and cute" her eyes widen slightly and the red on her face grows "And y'know what else? i'm gonna do something about that".

 I crawl forward until i'm right in front of Peridot, i place my hand under her chin and tilt her head up slightly, i lean down and close my eyes, pressing my lips against hers, i hear a slight gasp from her as i do. As i press my lips against her i can feel her warm breath through her nose, after a few seconds i pull back, my lips parting from hers, her face is bright red and there's an expression of shock on her face. She sits still for a second before shooting up off of the ground "I... i  need to go do something" she hurries over to the door, rushing out and quickly closing the door behind her, i chuckle to myself slightly and flop back on the floor "Heh, i kissed her".