Part 17: A Predicament

Peridot Pov:

I press my back against the door, my heart is pounding in my chest and my mind is racing, oh stars, oh stars what just happened? did she really just kiss me? No, she's just drunk, that's all, but, she did say she likes me... As i'm thinking i hear loud voices from downstairs, so i take a deep breath and head downstairs. Arriving at the bottom of the stairs i begin to make it the voice, and it sounds awfully familiar, i peek around the corner i hear the voice coming from, and just like thought standing in the middle of the room with a drink in his hand is Jasper.

Edging into the room slightly i try to stay hidden from him, damn, why is he here? he must have heard about the party from one of Amethyst's friends, damn it, he can't know Lapis is here, who knows what he'll do if he finds out she's here. As i'm trying to think about what to do Jasper turns around and spots me, starting to make his way over to me, oh stars, what am i going to say to him?  He walks up to me and punches me on the shoulder slightly "sup runt, didn't think parties like this were your scene" i laugh nervously "H-heh, yeah, uh... just thought i'd check it out, y-y'know?" he smirks and laughs slightly "That's the spirit smallfy, and hey, you had anything to drink yet?" i nod slightly "Well, umm, a little" his smirk widens as he turns to one of his friends "Hey! get me another drink over here, we gotta show little Peri here a good time" i shake my head at him slightly "You don't have to do that Jasper, i'm having fun, really" he grins and puts his hand around my shoulder "Ahh, come on, loosen up a little".

He hands me the drink and stares at me eagerly "Go on pipsqueak, down it" i look up at him for a second before taking a deep breath, placing the cup against my lips and preparing myself. I start pouring the drink and swallowing it as fast as i can, as i do i can hear Jasper and his friends jeering me on. After what feels like ages i swallow the last drops of the drink, dropping the cup to the floor, as i do Jasper grabs my arm, raising above my head and shouting "3 cheers for smallfry!" as he shouts everyone in the room cheers loudly, once Jasper releases my arm he goes over to his friends and starts talking with them, i take the opportunity to leave the room ans head to the kitchen.

Wandering into the kitchen i rub my head slightly, since i'm now feeling slightly light-headed from the drink, as i walk into the kitchen i spot Pearl sitting at the table by herself, nibbling on a chip in her hand, as i approach she looks up at me "Oh, hello Peridot, enjoying yourself so far?" i lean myself on the table next to her "Umm, Pearl, we might have a slight problem" a look of concern crosses her face "A problem? what kind of Problem?" i look up at her slowly "Well, you know how Lapis used to go to the same school as me before she moved away?" she nods slightly, the look of concern still on her face "Yes, why?" i fidget with my hands a little "Before she moved away she used to date Jasper, but their relationship ended... in a rather unpleasant way... And, um... Jasper's kind of here right now... and Lapis is also kind of drunk upstairs" Pearl's eyes widen slightly as she stands up "Oh dear, that certainly is a problem..."

Pearl starts to pace up and down the kitchen slightly as she starts to think of a solution "Now Peridot, where exactly is Lapis?" i sit down on one of the chairs from the table as i keep my eyes focused on her "Last i saw her was when i took her upstairs to our room to sober up a bit" she nods a little as she paces, placing her finger on her chin "Alright, alright, well, i suppose we could- no, that wouldn't work, or- no that's no good either..." i watch her slightly anxiously as she paces up and down, as i do Garnet walks into the room and leans herself on the table "Something got you bothered Pearl?" Pearl turns to face Garnet "Ah Garnet, perfect timing, we seem to have ourselves a bit of a predicament" Garnet looks at us a little confused "A predicament?" Pearl nods as she stops her pacing "Yes, see, as it turns out, when Lapis used to live here previously, she happened to be in a relationship with Jasper, which did not end well, and Jasper is here right now in the other room, while Lapis is upstairs, currently intoxicated" Pearl lets out a slight sigh after she finishes speaking.

 Garnet sits and thinks for second before she snaps her fingers and stands up "Don't worry guys, i think i have an idea" as she says this she gets up and begins to head out of the room, i get up and me and Pearl go to follow her. We follow Garnet into the next room where she goes up to Jasper and gets his attention, he smirks when he sees her "Ohh, Garnet, it's been a while eh? and i bet you still think you're tougher as well" she looks down at him and smiles slightly "Well, of course i'd think that, it's the truth after all" Jasper laughs in response "Such big talk Garnet, just because you're in college doesn't mean i can't still beat your ass if i want to" Garnet's smile widens slightly as she crosses her arms over her chest "Well, how about we go to that spot in the woods where i beat you last time and find out if your actions can match your words" Jasper grins and chuckles in response "Alright then, you're on, i'll meet you there" as he says this he goes and leaves the room, heading outside to his truck, as Garnet goes to leave she angles her shades at us and winks at us. 

Both me and Pearl sigh slightly as we hear their vehicles drive off, once they driven far enough away we can' hear them anymore Pearl turns to me with a relieved smile on her face "Well, i'd say that's a crisis averted, thanks to Garnet of course" i nod slightly as i look back at her "Thank stars he didn't have any idea she was here" Pearl nod slightly and looks down at me "Speaking of Lapis, you should probably make sure she's alright" i nod a little nervously "Oh, right... yeah... i'll, um, go do that now" Pearl looks at me a little strangely as i make my way out of the room and towards the stairs.