[26) JARRED [26)

*Ryllie*

I don’t know time... basta one day, I was told that I’ll be going home... and that very day was actually my first day at Nigiri High. Hinatid ako ni Isabel, but first day as a Senior didn’t turned out so well... I just passed out in the middle of discussion. I had everyone startled...

“Ryllie... it’s been two days since that happened. If you don’t come out you’ll have to repeat 4rth year again.” But I was afraid to come out. I don’t know what might happen to me in there. I don’t want anyone else to get startled again because of me... maybe i should just try home school.

“I’m not coming!” I locked myself up in the bathroom, pinagtutulungan kase nila ako ni mommy na sootan ng uniform.

In the end I gave up, hinatid uli ako ni Isabel sa school. I was still wearing my cast. They told me that i still need a month para matangal na to... they told me my bones were really fractured. I had a pair of crutches... hindi naman ako nahihiya or something... pero may iba kase sa mga tingin ng mga studyante sa akin... as if they already know me.

“Let me help you” sabi saakin nung isang studyante, I think we’re in the same class... I can’t remember. Tinulungan nya ko sa elevator. She even helped me with my bag... sabi ko wag na but she insisted.

She’s really at the same class with me. Napag-alaman ko rin na her name is Clarrise, Clarrise Valler. I don’t know if she’s naturally like this or if she needs anything from me, kase naman ang bait bait nya... she’s always helping me. I think I wouldn’t survive the day without her. It’s already 2:30 in the afternoon, 30 more minutes and we’re done.

I was scribbling notes in my notebook when the door opened and 3 girls entered the room. They were all panting hard and pointed at me...

“Ryllie—Fernandez!” Sabi nung babae sa gitna, she’s petite and she looks Chinese... singkit kase. They marched their way to me.... they look scary... REALLY. I can feel that they’re already college girls. Basta yun

“Oh my god! It really is you ryllie!! We missed you!” sabi naman nung pinaka mukhang matured sa kanila. I can’ remember any of them... so it gave me a bad feeling, I wish Isabel was here to tell me if they’re friends or not. Pano pala kung hindi? What if may atraso ako sa kanila dati and now that they know that I’m back gantihan nila ako

“ano na? Are you not going to tell us anything? Like... kung saan ka nagpunta? Nawala ka nalang bigla after nung activity. LIKE WE SEARCED FOR YOU” sabi uli nung mukhang Chinese...

Nagsimula nang magbulungan yung mga kaklase ko, more importantly, Mr. Gibs is not doing anything, nakatitig lang sya sa kanila with attraction in his eyes.

Napatingin yung isa nilang kasama sa crutches ko. Siniko na ko ni clarrise at binulungan ako,

“Do you know any of them?”

“H-hindi...” may gulat sa mukha ni clarrise. Pero hindi na uli sya nagtanong pa.

“Guys... I think she can’t remember” sabi nung babae na tumingin sa crutches ko.

“What do you mean she can’t remember? That’s just impossible nelle” Sabi nung mukhang Chinese.

“M-maybe Nelle’s got the point... I mean—“ nilabas nung mukhang Chinese yung phone nya.

“I’m calling Jarred, he needs to know about this” my eyes glittered and they saw it too... She knows jarred... and I need to know who’s Jarred, pero sabi ni Isabel, he’s not a friend... pero maybe he can help me with my memory.

“I need to him... I need to see Jarred” the three of them looked at me with confusion in their eyes. The class ended and I was with them... alam kong mag aalala si Isabel at sila mommy if they knew that i was out with strangers.

“So you’re saying that... You’re Ryllie Florendo, like as in... Florendo? Do you perhaps know... Isabel, Isabel florendo?” sabi sa akin ni Hartley... or Nelle, it’s quite confusing, but they managed to introduced their selves to me. I only remembered angela, its because she looked more different.

“Yup... she’s my sister... by the way... how do you know her, how do you know me?” the three of them whined... the travel was just short. The next thing i knew is that we were infront of a casino... I’ve never been here, I guess...

“maybe a game will help you remember” sabi sa akin ni angela. Pumasok na kami sa loob and everyone bowed to them... wow, they’re just like princesses. Nagpunta kami sa pinaka last floor ng casino, Everything was coloured and it’s really noisy, people hooting and everything...

Di ko namalayang nasa isang kwarto na kami. Angela was now hugging a guy...a really tall guy.

“what’s your surprise?” sabi nit okay angela, I cant see angela smiling but i sensed that she was.

“I’m the surprise” sabi nito, and she gave him a quick kiss. The guy hugged him in return... and that was the time when Hartley and Nelle dragged me in. ngayon ko lang napagtanto na, the whole room was filled with guys.

Sht. What have I gotten myself into? I gritted my teeth and saw that that guy with angela came near me...

“holy sht. Ryllie?”

“who the hell are you?” he smiled and hugged me... god. Who’s this perverted monkey? Hugging me all of a sudden. I saw angela smiling at me as she wiped her tear away... what’s with the tears. And who is this!

“you never change don’t you?” I pushed him away, but instead he hugged me tighter.

“Jarred enough.” Sabi ni Hartley. At sumunod naman ito kahit papaano. He helped me with my crutches at pinaupo nila ko sa sofa. May iilang kalalakihan doon... and trust me, my heart’s been accelerating... I want to get out of this place immediately.

Tinititigan nila ako... Hartley already explained to them what happened to me... that I had some serious injuries and that i wasn’t able to remember a thing. Wala nang iba pang nagtanong after nyang nagpaliwanag... who are these guys exactly...

“so you really can’t remember anything?” sabi ng katabi ni Jarred, he told me his name was lucas, or is it Luke?

“I... I remember names once in a while...” bigla nalang may pumasok na lalaki uli sa loob ng kwartong yun. He was cussing... really the really bad case of cussing.

“badtrip pre, di raw makakapunta si Noah, susunduin nya pa daw si Sam sa airport, nyetta talaga” he said to Pete. Then he looked at me... bigla syang natahimik.

“Don’t worry... she doesn’t remember anything” sabi ni nelle sa kanya, tinignan nya rin yung cast ko sa paa... anong hindi ko naman naaalala... and besides, who’s this noah guy?