Chapter 31

[DINAH'S POV]
"Ralph," I call. Lauren looks up from her phone, raising a brow at me to continue. "Why didn't you tell me my photo got ten thousand likes?"

   Her eyes go wide and she glances at her phone nervously. "Well, I-uh didn't wanna freak you out. I know just the thought of four thousand was a bit nerve-racking for you." She says.

   "It would've been nice information to know before I let you post a video of me—in lace boxers." I say.

   "I know, I'm sorry. I just think this is good for you and so does Mani." Lauren says.

   I nod, looking down at the table as one of the chefs takes away my dinner plate. "I think it's good for you, too, Mommy."

   Looking up from the table I find Seth staring up at me, his hair pulled up in a bun. I smile softly and pick him up to sit on my lap.

   "You do?" I ask.

   "Mhm, because you're really pretty and it makes me and Momma sad when you don't think you're pretty." Seth says.

   I frown, holding Seth around his waist and pulling him closer to me. "You think I'm pretty?"

   Seth hums, nodding his head.

   "Even if my body's a little weird?" I ask.

   "Why is your body weird?" He asks.

   "You know that Mommy looks a little different than other boys and girls." I say, rubbing his back.

   "I know, but that doesn't mean you're not pretty. I like that you're different." Seth says.

   I glance up at Lauren and she only shrugs. "What do you mean by that?" I ask, looking at Seth.

   "It's nice because you can help me when I start to become a man and you can do things like shop for lady things with sissies. It's good because you can bond with all of us in your own way even though you can't help Gina become a woman, but that's what Momma is for." He says.

   I don't know where my next question came from. I just know that it was the only thing I could come up with after his statement. "Do you want me to be your mommy, or your daddy?" I ask.

   I see Lauren perk up in the corner of my eye but I ignore her, knowing that she'll start to ask questions and, honestly, I won't be able to answer them.

   "Well, do you want to be a mommy, or do you want to be a daddy?" Seth asks.

   I frown, shrugging a shoulder. "I don't know." I say honestly.

   "Okay, that's okay." He assures. "If you wanna be my daddy then I'll still have Momma, but if you wanna be my mommy then I'll just have two mommies. I'm okay with either. I just want you to be happy." He says.

   I smile, kissing his temple. He smiles and turns around to wrap his arms around my neck. He squeezes me as tight as possible and I only squeeze him gently. Truth is, I'm beginning to get really confused about what I want.

   It's all setting in that I am a woman and I go by female pronouns, but I'm still a man. I didn't have to share the manly part of myself with anyone, so it was easy to stray away from the topic, but now it's time to decide. Do I want to be a woman, or do I want to be a man? It won't be as hard as it could be because I know my kids will support me—well I know that Seth will.

   "I love you, 'alo." I mutter, kissing his cheek.

   "I love you, too, Mommy." Seth says, kissing my cheek back.