Mutual Feelings Pt. 9, (Revali x Reader)

Summary: Smart nerdy stuff that smart nerdy people do

"Incoming!" The small metal hinges on your door shook as a heavy foot collided with the old crackling wood, only making its condition worse. The door flew open, slammed against the wall, and rattled the entire room. If the shelves and desk weren't bolted to the wall, they would have clattered to the ground or move. Purah stood under the frame with the widest smile stretching across her face.

She was nothing but a lit firecracker. Her smile spoke words of mischief, as it always did, speaking essays and forty-minute presentations without her even having to part her lips.

You slid the papers you were working on under a leather-bound book. She wouldn't like their contents. After all, they were full of information to the Divine Beasts controls that she didn't know about. Controls that you added. You could imagine the look on her face if she learned that you were going behind her back to answer the Champion's requests.

"Morning, sleepyhead." She waltzed into the room with an energy that dumbfounded you. How she managed to stay in a perpetual state of joy was something that intrigued you, but you had no desire to live through yourself. "Brought you more super royal work! I know how much you love all that jazz."

"You know me better than anyone." You joked, turning your chair to face her. "What is it?"

"Oh," she danced around you to slink toward the window. "you know! Just... some stuff." The pile of papers in her hands didn't seem like too much work. There were only two notebooks and maybe a dozen sheets of paper with scribbles all over them. There was one thing you took note of, the princess's perfect cursive that seemed to glide across the page.

"Some stuff." You repeated, quickly snatching a paper before Purah could protest. "Zelda's work?"

"Precisely!"

"Why?" There was no way Zelda would want you messing with her work.

"Well. Big boss-man told her to focus on her powers. That means that you and I, more so you," she quickly added, "get to finish it for her!"

"She would be furious if I so much as touched this." You speedily put the page back on the stack that was now perched on your desk. "Are you sure we're supposed to do this?"

"It's not so much as finish it. Rather," she leaned to the right and then swayed to the left, "add it to our work! It's about the shrines and everything. You know? Science stuff."

"Is she allowed to continue searching for shrines?"

"Probably not. That means less trips with her for you! Maybe more time to spend with," she waggled her brows in a suggestive manner, "you know who."

"Purah, let's not go there."

"Oh sweetie, you already went there! In fact, you're way past there! You're," she pretended to cast a fishing hook off into the distance, "waaaaayyyy over there! And over there," she pointed in the opposite direction, "was the point of no return."

"You're insufferable."

"All in a day's work!"

"Don't you have other work to be doing?"

"Nope!" She swayed on her toes, the mischievous smile never leaving her face. "So, are you and Revali like, a thing?"

"It was nice to see you, Purah." You rose from your desk chair and began pushing her out the door. "Please, visit less." Her feet halted in the hall. "I'll send a card."