Drabble, (Revali x Reader)

Cicadas chirping, and croaking frogs echoed, their melodic tones drifting up into the air as they sang in massive choirs as day transitioned to night. The sun was on the horizon, travelling downward beyond the highest hilltop and the lowest trench. Harsh winds cascaded down from the snowy peaks of Lanayru, reaching the coast to battling the army of ocean currents. Death Mountain wasn't living up to its name, lying dormant to the north. An avalanche could barely be seen in Hebra, falling toward the Tabantha tundra.

Castle town was hushed, many residents having turned in for the night only to wake to darkness and begin their routines again. The whispered conversations from fathers to mothers could be heard as they rocked their children to sleep. A lone merchant was exiting town with his mule packed high with materials he had traded during the day. Horse hooves clicked against the rugged cobblestone pathways carrying a traveler in search of a vacant inn.

"They're probably tearing the castle apart looking for you." You said, trying to keep pace with the bird briskly walking one step ahead of you.

"So, let them." He said, taking notice of your staggered breaths as you took three steps for his gigantic one. "Oh," he chuffed, "I suppose I could slow down. Afterall, we aren't in any hurry."

"Do you really want to listen to the others berate you again for not being back on time?"

"Why wasn't I informed that we were children? Since when did the Champions need to be watched?"

You took a deep breath, cool air filling your lungs. The temperature had dropped considerably since the sun went down. Your grasped at his wing, taking the soft plump feathers between your fingers. He had grown used to this action, seemingly unbothered. Though, you were the only person able to do this without a speech about how important his appearance was and how you shouldn't touch him.

"Are you cold?" An eyebrow raised as his focus landed on you. "Tsk." He shook his head and then your grip from his wing, instead wrapping it around you to pull you close to his body. Warmth enveloped you, his feathers brushing against your bare arms as they calmed your goosebumps.

"I told you to bring a jacket."

"I know."

"You're too headstrong."

"You're too bossy."

You walked in a comfortable silence to the gates of the castle where two knights greeted you and immediately called ahead alerting everyone to your return. Above, the remaining Champions stood together at the First Guardhouse.

"I told you." Urbosa noted as the group watched you and the bird practically tangled together heading for the castle. A slight chuckle escaped her lips as her eyes connected with yours. Instantly, you pushed Revali away, breaking your connection.

"Who's he with?" Zelda pushed herself up against a retention wall, trying to get a better look at your face. "A castle maid?"

"They're watching." A red blush seeped into your cheeks that could easily be passed off as the icy chill surrounding you.

"So?" He watched you, fully enjoying your outwardly embarrassed actions. Reaching out again, he caught your arm and tugged you back to his side. A smirk found its way onto his face. "Let them."

"Since when did you become affectionate?"

"Since I realized it embarrasses you."

"Jerk."