Nail Polish, (Sidon x Reader)

Summary: Sidon walks in on his s/o painting their nails. He's like ????

It was an unusually cold day in Zora's Domain. With it being tucked away in a crater, the temperature only dropped. To add to it, water was flowing everywhere and it was impossible to not get wet. The Zora didn't seem to mind though. You, on the other hand, were absolutely freezing. So today was an indoor type of day. Huddled in a corner and wrapped in blankets, you sat comfortably with a small fire blazing under the cooking pot. The sweet smell of a stew filled the air, it's savory aroma wafting up and out surrounding the domain. There was only one problem now. You had to wait at least an hour while it simmered before it was ready.

So, to fill the time, you decided to break out the nail polish and paint your nails. Being a traveler it wasn't the most practical thing to do, but it always looked nice when you were finished. Once you decided on a color, you got to work.

"Darling," the soft voice of your lover called, "I was wondering what your plans were for the next few days as I'd like to-" he stopped upon entering the room.

You had been dating the Zora prince for quite some time now. The two of you met at the Wetland Stable when Sidon was searching for a Hylain to help him calm the Divine Beast. He was excited when you offered and wasn't disappointed when you found the job was more difficult than planned. Actually, he praised your bravery and insisted you stay awhile to see the domain. After all, he was impressed that you managed to get some shock arrows from the lynel. You had been sneaking through and around bokoblin camps for years, so only having one foe to avoid was a breeze. After that, you continued to pop by and the prince took interest in you. Before you knew it, you were a thing.

"What are you doing?" He implored, kneeling down in front of you. His hand reached out and gently lifted the small vile of polish to his face.

"Painting my nails." You smiled while flicking the brush down and watching the vibrant color add an unnatural pigment to your finger.

"Painting your nails..." He pondered, eyes crossed from how closely he held the bottle to his face. "Why exactly are you doing that?" His eyes flickered to your hand. "Oh! I see!"

Sidon held his hand out and you placed yours in his. "It must be a form of protection! Just like our scales and armor, this keeps you safe." A smile spread across his face as he thought highly of his assumption.

"No Sidon," you giggled, "this is just for show. It's like a decoration." You dipped your brush back into the bottle.

"Oh." He tilted his head. "Well I very much like it."

"Thank you."

"Do you think-" he pursed his lips and lowered his head as if embarrassed at the thought. "Do you think you could- uh..." The flustered prince scratched his head.

"Do you want me to paint your nails too?" You watched as the pink flush left his porcelain skin. His golden eyes lit up immediately and his head raised back to its maximum height.

"Yes! We could match!" He smiled widely.

"The red is almost the same color as your scales."

"Did you choose this color thinking of me?" He chuckled.

"I always take such things into consideration!" You leaned forward and kissed his nose, the pink flush returned.

The night was spent painting your nails and enjoying the stew you made. Sidon was ecstatic when his claws were dried and he could show them off.

"Would you look at this! Well, of course! I do agree the red does match me. Thank you very much!" The next day the chill faded and was replaced with perfect weather. Sidon got out and was showing off his claws to everyone in the domain. He wouldn't directly show them, but did make it quite obvious that he was adorned with a new fashion statement.

"What did you do?" Link leaned toward you and spoke. He watched the Zora Prince explaining the concept of nail polish to the others.

"Painted his nails for him." You smiled, heart warming as some of the children held onto his hands. He was so happy about something so small.

"Why?" Link asked.

"Treasure?" Sidon looked up and locked eyes with you. "Can you spare a moment to show the children? They want their claws done too!"

"Because he's pretty damn cute." You pushed yourself away from the railing you were against and headed toward the crowd of excited Zora.