Champion-esque, (Revali x Reader)

Summary: It's a little chilly and self-deprecation is in style

The bright morning sun rose from the eastern sky casting shadows of gold and dandelion across Hyrule. The Champions were resting in a small camp crafted from tarps and old blankets. A small fire that was once ablaze is now ash and glowing embers with a light coat of dew hushing its heat. The searing midday sun beat down upon your heads almost to the point of catching fire.

The Hebra Mountains were strikingly cold, and yet you were blazing. The Rito clothing you had obtained while in the village only made you into a steamer. Hopefully, night would come soon. The sun slowly set over the mountainside, painting hues of blue and purple into the freshly fallen snow. Your once visible footsteps had long been covered and your tracks were untraceable. The Champions were set up near a fire, all wrapped in layers of blankets. You had provided them with spicy elixirs, specifically Urbosa and Mipha, who had trouble withstanding the cold. Though, by ensuring their conformability, you had failed to supply yourself with anything. Not wanting to complain, you kept your mouth shut. Luckily, you were staying in a somewhat caved in area that provided protection from the violent winds.

You weren't a Champion, nor did you ask to be. The Princess had requested you to tag along to search for shrines. Actually, King Rhoam had ordered it, but you wouldn't tell her that. It's not that you didn't like getting out of Castle Town to explore the vast land of Hyrule, you just knew when you returned a pile of work would have accumulated and you would have to deal with a very displeased King. He was the one who told you to go! Zelda seemed oblivious to this, but she had bigger things on her mind. Every time she went anywhere outside of the castle walls, she nagged you consistently until you caved. From a very young age, you were looking after the girl as she grew. King Rhoam assigned you as her assistant and insisted you never break the boundaries of being only that. He once threatened to demote you due to your encouragement of Zelda's studies. She, as a result, became furious with her father. Zelda eventually thought of you as her best friend, somebody she could tell everything, and you thought of her as the same.

When the Champions were chosen, you and Link were to accompany Zelda to visit and get aquatinted with the new members. Everyone was more than you could have asked for. They were all dedicated individuals who would put their lives on the line for the greater good. Urbosa had a soft spot for Zelda, Mipha acted as the mediator, Daruk had a heart of gold, and Revali, he was something special. Initially, the two of you clashed, mostly because he didn't see a reason for your presence. He wore his feelings on his sleeve. You chose to ignore his comments, which only lit the fire beneath him. It wasn't until he recognized your role as a guiding spirit, but also a calm voice when the pressure of it all became too much. He was astonished at how easily you could bring a once sobbing princess back to her optimistic self. He would never admit it though. It was obvious how important you were to the team and, somehow, you always had a radiant smile or pleasant look sewn into your features.

"Hey," Urbosa appeared behind you. You had been sitting with the other Champions around a fire. "I can't get through to her."

You didn't reply, only rose from your spot and headed over to where she sat. It didn't take long before she was following you back to the group, completely fine as if nothing had happened.

"Well," Zelda brushed herself off and sat down on the ground. "I apologize for that. Anyway, we should all get some rest." "Tomorrow we will-" Zelda trailed off, trying to jog her memory. Her eyebrows drew together and her lips pushed hard against one another.

"Continue toward the Hebra North Crest." You finished for her. She sighed of relief and nodded in agreement.

"Yes! Absolutely, we will. Well, see you all tomorrow." Zelda promptly wrapped herself in a blanket and moved away from the group to give herself some privacy.