XXIX

A strong sense of heat rushes to me as I sit across from Harry, his eyes burning into me as I eat small amounts of food. The conversation around the table doesn't pertain to me and Harry seems uninterested for his eyes are on mine the entire time.

"Eat," he mouths, my nose releasing a sigh. Popping a tomato in my mouth, he continues to watch me. It's as if he's afraid I'll fall off the chair, constantly on his feet.

"Harry, when do you want to go?" Anne asks, his eyes never leaving me.

"Go where?" he asks, flickering his gaze to his mother and then back to me.

"Times Square. You still have to take me shopping," she grins, his lips twitching slightly.

"We'll go soon. Tomorrow I'm busy with Reagan," he states, eyes green as he looks at me.

"I understand."

And they continue talking together, Harry and I holding a conversation through our eyes.

"What's wrong?" I mouth, his head shaking.

"Nothing. I want to be with you," he replies, his pink lips beautiful.

My plate is cleared, much to Harry's approval, and I take the dishes to the sink. Harry and his family gather in the living room and I finish the dishes, walking in and sitting next to Harry.

"Just bear with her. She's going to treat you to presents," he whispers in my ear, my head nodding.

Multiple colored papers are tossed to the floor, my hands tearing two gifts. The perfume and cashmere sweater from Anne are greatly appreciated and Harry receives a few new ties and a watch. Tom receives so many books and Kailey gets dolls. Kyle and Gemma receive cash and Anne gives Robin a new shirt because his are 'old and in need of up to date style'. Anne receives perfume and a gold bracelet and diamond earrings.

While I excused myself earlier, I went upstairs and retrieved an old chain I had in my bag. The necklace I had once wore that held a cross pendent was found and I place the pendent on the chain, surely hoping it will fit Harry. It's to symbolize my faith to him.

"This was a wonderful Christmas," Robin cheers, Gemma and Kyle leaving to place Kailey in bed.

"I think I'm going to bed. It was a great holiday," Anne smiles, her arms wrapping around everyone. Robin follows and Tom walks with Anne. Harry turns to me and kisses my cheek, standing and grabbing my hand. We turn all the lights in the house off and walk upstairs, his hand unlocking his bedroom door.

"I, uh, improvised something for you," I say, his body turning to look at me.

He nods and we both change out of our clothes, his shirtless torso so warm to the touch. His grey sweatpants fit on his legs and he grabs my waist. I kiss him, setting my hands on his chest. His little kisses leave me wanting more and he chuckles, my arms wrapping around his neck.

"What's this you improvised?" he asks, my body being placed on the bed.

"A little gift," I smile, rolling over and sitting up. He sits on the edge of the bed as I grab the chain from my pocket, his hands grabbing the back of my thighs.

"Okay, so as I was talking to your mother, she said some things that really made me think. But of all, I need you to have faith in me."

He watches as I place my hands behind his neck, clasping the chain as the pendent falls between his pectorals. His fingers grab the metal between his fingers and observes what I've given him, his other hand grabbing mine.

"I have faith in you. Always have and always will," he whispers, looking up at me with his beautiful eyes.

My hands move to cup his cheeks, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips so lightly.