XXII

Pushing my glasses further up my nose, I stay focused on the manuscript I'm writing. There is quiet in my office and the sun infiltrates into the room beautifully. Everything I have written so far is about Harry. All I ever think about is Harry.

I don't like leaving the house much, Harry the only one I confide in anymore. Multiple texts are sent between Grace and I, making sure I'm okay. It's all fine between us and she understands why I want to be with Harry.

"Reagan!" Harry yells, alerting me that he's home. His footsteps are loud as he runs up the stairs, my head turning to watch him walk in. His lengthy body enters the office and he comes close to me, leaning and pressing his lips to mine.

"How's it coming along?" he asks, kneeling next to me.

"It's okay. I have to leave soon," I remind him, his head nodding.

"Do you want me to take you?" he asks, my head nodding.

The doctor's appointment I have to go to is two for one. I have to get the stitches out and I have to see the doctor for my birth control.

"What's on your mind?" he asks, concern laced through his voice.

"I have to go out again," I say, his hand running down my back.

"Just stay with me. I'm not going to leave you again," he says, my head nodding.

We leave the house and take a small drive to the doctor's office. Harry doesn't leave my side as we walk into the office, my hand holding onto his.

"Reagan Albright?" a woman asks, Harry taking my hand again as we walk into the small room.

"This should be pretty quick. It might hurt a little," she warns, taking the little tool to clip the stitches. Harry holds me close, the small pinches ending after the tenth stitch is finally out.

"Alright, the doctor will be in shortly," she smiles, my head nodding.

Upon her exit, Harry kisses my cheek and looks down at me.

"Did you have a reason for going on birth control?" he asks, my head nodding.

"Um, it's not a great story," I say, his shoulders shrugging.

"It's the past, baby. You know mine; let me know yours," he says, my hands still holding his.

"My mother was worried I was going to get pregnant because she found out about Ian and me. She had me get checked and everything. They-They found something and it was gone in a month. The doctor told me I was mostly likely pregnant but miscarried in a way that just looked like my period. My mother nearly had a heart attack, as did I, and I vowed to never have that happen to me again. I take extreme precaution and go to the doctor once a month to make sure everything is fine," I say, his eyes staying on mine.

"What would happen if you wanted to try?" he asks, his thumb running along my knuckles.

"Well, I want to be married and have a stable life first. But I would have to stop taking the pills and getting the shots nearly a month in advance," I say, his head nodding.

"Have you thought about having kids before?" he wonders, my head nodding.

"I've always wanted one. Babies are the most beautiful little things in the world," I smile. I helped out in the maternity ward a lot during my time in Georgia, loving the small little human beings in my arms.

"My thoughts about children have been changing lately."

His lips are curved and he kisses my cheek, the doctor walking in.