XII

"Greystone Publishing?" I ask, extremely tired for I've done nothing but talk with Grace all night lately.

"Miss Albright, I need you to attend a meeting at four tonight," the CEO states over the phone, my head nodding.

"Of course."

"Great. It is in room 422 and Miles will attend as well. Thank you." He hangs up the phone and I'm gathering my materials for the meeting, Miles sauntering into my office.

"Who doesn't want to go to this meeting?" he asks, both our right arms rising. We walk together, discussing our current work on the way. This better not go that long or I will fall asleep on the table.

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice," Greystone begins, my eyes drooping already.

He goes on and on about the sales and how they're escalating since the Erebus interview. He's rich beyond belief and he doesn't have the decency to give us a raise. Greystone has his nice days and his rich man days.

"We need to continue discussing the schedule. I have decided to make the work day eight to six due to the need in staff."

My eyes widen and I nearly steam. He wants us to be here ten hours. Is he mad?

"That will be all for this evening," he says, leaving and Miles groans beside me.

"Ten hours," he says, slamming his fist into the table.

"Three meal workday. That's crappy," I say, his head nodding.

"Come on. I'll give you a ride home."

I nod and we walk out of the building. His car resides in the parking structure next door and we climb in, his music blaring. His taste is old fashioned, the Stones always heard.

To add to the loud music, my phone blares and I jolt, grabbing the ringing device. It's an unknown number but I answer anyways.

"Hello?"

"Miss Albright?" the woman asks, her accent familiar.

"Maria?"

"Yes, yes. Please come quick. Erebus is scary," she says, my head nodding.

"I'll be right there," I say, hanging up the phone.

"What is that all about?" Miles asks, my worry growing. Harry has been away from me for a while, the week not an easy time to see him.

"It's Harry. Can you drive me to his house?"

"Yes, don't worry. He'll be fine," he tries, but I'm far too nervous. What happened and why is he 'scary'?

I guide Miles through my distraught being, thanking him as I unlock the gate. He drives away and I run into the house, Maria grabbing my forearms.

"Please. He's upset and I'm scared," she says, my head nodding. There is smashing and yelling, my eyes scanning the floors covered in glass. I follow the glass upstairs and his yelling grows, my body tensing at the swears he's mumbling to himself.

"Fuck this shit! Why can't I just live?! Why do you always do this to me?!" he yells, assuming he's talking to someone. Or maybe someone above him, in heaven, possibly?

A loud smash is heard and I freeze when a mug flies right past me, hitting the wall. I walk into the office and his books are on the floor, all his papers scattered and his mugs and pencils surround the rugs.

"Why me?! Why is it always me?!" he yells, slamming his fist into the wall. This is beyond anger. This is a man ready to make a disaster of himself. My poor Harry.