IX

"I don't understand why we need popcorn. It's an interview," Jim says, my mother sitting on the couch beside him.

"He's a billionaire that no one knows. It deserves popcorn," she says, my lips curving. I curl my knees to my chest as I sit on the chair, Jim turning the interview on.

I'm slightly nervous to hear what Harry's going to say because last night he was very upset about work. He called me at one in the morning just to vent about someone who backed out of a deal with him. It took me an hour, a very exhausting hour, to calm him down quietly considering my mother and her boyfriend were just down the hall.

Harry was cussing people out, not me thankfully, and he was so angry. Angrier than I've ever heard him before. The one sentence I told him at the end of his vent was 'I wish I could kiss the crease between your eyebrows' and he immediately calmed down. My softness with him is his weakness. He's never been with someone soft, apparently.

"Carol, he's probably a grouchy sixty year old man," Jim tells my mother, my subconscious warning me I'm in too deep.

"You're nearly sixty, Jim. Stop."

He laughs and the reporter from the news station starts talking.

"Nearly eighty reporters are here today to interview the multi-billionaire Erebus, owner and CEO of H Publishing. H Publishing is the most known and internationally capable publishing company that had developed six years ago. Today is a huge day in the publishing world," she finishes, the screen flashing onto a crowded room.

"Holy crap," my mother says, Harry entering the room in a pristine navy suit, white shirt and a black tie. He's a hot man; sexy as always.

"How the hell is that kid a billionaire?" Jim says, my lips curving.

"Erebus, how old are you?" Harry responds with 26. My mom's and Jim's jaws drop.

"Where did you attend college?" Harry tells them NYU but he dropped out when he was twenty.

"The kid dropped out of college and yet he's still a billionaire? How the hell..." Jim says, my chin resting on my knees.

"Why have you kept your identity a secret?" The response is he didn't want recognition.

"Why reveal now?"

"I wanted to do this for myself. Being in the shadows has taken a toll on me," Harry responds.

My mother glances at me and I smile, her eyes twinkling. We continue to watch the interview, most of the questions regarding his business.

"Erebus, for those needing to know, are you in a relationship?" a woman asks, my bottom lip taken between my teeth.

"I am."

Nerves run through me and Harry smiles, his lips curved but no teeth bearing. The amount of shock in the room is intense.

"Care to elaborate?" someone asks, my hands pulling my shirts sleeves to cover my fists.

"We met a while ago. She captivated me and I refuse to allow anyone to so much as touch her because I don't enjoy seeing such things. I'm the one in the relationship with her, and I am allowed to be with her more than anyone. She's becoming my first priority and I've found myself deviating from my normal ways to accommodate to her," he says, his bright green eyes peering into the camera as if he knows I'm staring at him with so much adoration.

"Is she here with you?" a man asks, Harry shaking his head.

"She's in Albany visiting her family."

I sink into my chair and I see Jim glance over at me, my eyes trying to focus on the TV. Please don't ask for my name.

"Is there any way for us to know her name?" someone asks, Harry glancing at the camera. Damn-it.