Chapter 70 - Needs

-Jacks POV-

Hours after Negan left, i fell asleep while watching a movie and now i am bored as fuck. He isn't back yet and i have no clue what to do with myself, and i figure it's way past dinner time now, in fact i look out the window and it's pitch black outside. What the hell it has to be like midnight, i guess i was asleep that long, but Negan should have been back while ago and now i am really worried.

Things are quiet and eerie out in the hallways, no saviors around and no workers, i mean they aren't allowed up on this floor but still. Deciding i need to search around, i head down to the main floor and have a look around, everyone's asleep on their cots, and it's quiet. Then i go outside, the cold night air nips at my skin and i can tell that none of the trucks or our car is back yet and i can't help but feel sick from worry.

Negan is still out there and what if something happened to him, i had a bad feeling about his plan and he didn't listen to me. I stand and lean against the railing until i hear one truck pull in then another. I look for Negan in the car but no sign of him and that is not a good sign. It's still dark, but the outside fog lights come on and the headlights from the truck can be seen across the yard and i rush down to confront who ever i can.

I see Arat first, but she is busy helping a guy who looked to be shot, so i step in to check him, and he was just grazed by a bullet so he would be okay. A few others were almost shot, but Arat tells me that quite a few men died at Hilltop. But she seems to be avoiding my only concern and that is where Negan is. Knowing who to ask, i walk up to Simon who looks really mad, did something happen, i mean yeah i know he lost some guys tonight or maybe the widow slaughtered those people from the outpost.

He needs to tell me the truth and last time i checked i am in charge of this place and all of these people, since Negan is obviously not here, i am in charge. They all need to fucking know it too. It hurts me, Negan is not here he is not back and laying in bed with me right now, maybe he stayed behind, or he is on his way. There is only one way to know.

I walk up to Simon as everyone heads inside to escape the cool air. "Okay, so what the fuck is going on where's Negan, is he okay why is he not here" i say in a panic and i am almost out of breath.

"Lets go inside so we can have a chat shall we?" Simon is acting weird like everyone else and this is not fuckin' okay, like i deserve to know where my boyfriend is, who also happens to be the father of my child. I need to know and if he doesn't tell me, then i will have to use some force, i can beat the fuck out of someone if i have to.

I follow the asshole inside and we walk to the meeting room where i take a seat and he does as well. "Here you go, thought you could use some water" he hands me a glass of water and i take a few sips to relax myself. My nerves are through the fucking roof right now i can't take this stress and it's not good for my baby either.

"So i never got to congratulate you on the bun in the oven, you see Jack i have known Negan a very long time and i know him, he has always had a soft spot for kids, and now well he is going to have one. I know for a fact he loves you, hell we can all see how much you have changed him, the big man has gone soft. Now that is good yes, but see he has been making some less than good decisions" i listen to him and what is he trying say. What the fuck, is really saying that to me.

"Okay, Simon i don't know who the fuck you think you are talking to me like that, and why the hell are you bashing Negan in my face, what the fuck is wrong with you, are you forgetting that i am technically the boss of you or do i have to remind you" i can tell that Simon doesn't like what i have to say as his fist clenches against the table.

"Where is he?" I can't wait any longer. "Fucking tell me Simon! I cry out tears roll down my face.

"Someone came off the road and clipped his car, now when we found him, there was blood all over and it was most likely from the bucket of guts. He got out of the car and we have no clue where he is, or if he is anything to say the least. We looked, but i kept up with the plan and went on to hilltop, now i'm sure that he is fine, and alive. And odds are he is on his way back as we speak"