Chapter 2 - Nightmare

After writing for quite some time, Jack finds herself singing her favorite song Wonderwall By Oasis. If she had her guitar with her she would play it but she hasn't seen it since she left her home the day the world ended. She feels a rush of sadness wash over her as she misses everything her old life consisted of.

The girl continues to write while she taps her pen against her leg as she starts to blurt out lyrics her voice is beautiful and soft. Before she knows it the late summer sun starts to set, so she closes her book, and she leaves the roof to go back inside to make dinner for the assholes who will return soon. The whole time she sings, she is really getting into it. Her voice quietly echoes in the halls. Keeping up with the whole song she sings, not a care in the world about how she sounds.

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall.

Jack loves to sing, she was always good at it, her mom would yell at her to stop, or she would find herself singing in the shower all the time. When she sings it makes her happy and when she was little she knew she wanted to sing and play guitar, but over time she found herself writing songs as well.

While she was in school she was the first to be in all the music classes, even getting into the musicals having such a strong passion for it. That's why she decided to pursue a career in music and performing. Jack goes inside and she drops her journal off in her room before going down to the kitchen, her stomach is growling ferociously. This is really the only time she can eat is when they aren't here, most times they would hog the little food they had leaving only a few bites for her.

She decides to go through some boxes, but she has a hard time deciding what to make. All the food they have left is nasty shit she refuses to eat and she holds up another can of spam almost throwing up. "I'm never fuckin' eating that again, but i will leave it for those pricks" she says to herself. She looks down in the box further finding one can of carrots which is her favorite vegetable.

Deciding to eat them, she opens the can and begins to heat them up while she lays out the cans of spam on the table for Kevin and Alex. Jack knows they will be hungry so they practically eat anything. She sits down to eat her carrots and she has that song stuck in her head so she finds herself humming away while she eats. A faint noise can be heard, but it can be nothing she hears noises all the time which somehow convinces her the place is haunted.

The noise gets louder and banging can be heard and the scared girl realizes that Kev and Alex might be back. But something seems off as they usually don't make that much noise. Jack gets up from her chair as she creeps out to the hallway to look for them, but no one is there. She is scared because she's alone and has no idea who can be out there and she thinks someone broke in to raid the place.

Wanting to defend herself she walks backwards to grab a knife from the kitchen and she holds it in her hand tightly. Although she has poor self defense skills she can still kick some ass if she really wants too. Jack walks back into the hallway as the noise causes her to shake. She walks closer to investigate.

"Who the fuck is there, come out now or i will fucking stab you...do you hear me" she shakes where she is standing, but she knows for sure someone is there. But after a minute of yelling no one comes out.

Jack turns her back for a moment before Kevin comes up behind her scaring her shitless but she holds the knife down as she doesn't have any time to raise it. "God damn woman, put down that knife it's only me you're gonna fucking kill someone with that" she can barely speak as she is so out of breath from the heart attack he just gave her. Kevin just laughs at her which makes her feel worse than she already does.