Chapter 60 - Think Ahead

When they return to their room, Jack sits down to take a breath as Negan grabs a beer from the fridge. It is close to dinner and Jack wants to plan a nice dinner for her man, considering all the stress he has been under she wants to make tonight special, since he needs to know how much she cares and how much she missed him. Jack take a deep breath, as Negan sits down in the chair across from her.

"Babe, i think i'm going to make dinner so let me get some shit from the kitchen and i will surprise you okay?" Jack walks over and stands in front of him, but he is dazed. "Negan, you there?" She waves her hand in front of his face his eyes lock with hers briefly.

"Shit, sorry baby i was thinking about what Eugene said, he is trying to figure out a way to get the herd away i got to call him up find out what he thought of" Negan explains to Jack, and she is also curious as something needs to be done before Rick attacks again, or worse comes to shove, the walkers bust in the doors or something else to that matter.

"Okay, babe i will be back with some dinner for you made by yours truly" she says proudly and leans down to cup his face their lips meet delicately.

"Can't wait baby, knowing you it will be real fucking good" he chuckles and Jack shakes her head and walks out the door towards the kitchen. Negan grabs his walkie and calls for Dwight to bring Eugene up to his headquarters aka his room. "Dwighty boy, you mind bringing Dr. Smarty Pants to my room make it fucking snappy, i got my girl making me dinner"

"On it right now" he answers back and Negan waits about 5 minutes till there is a knock at the door and in walks Eugene. And he looks nervous to actually be in the room where Negan sleeps, and does whatever else he does.

Meanwhile Jack walks down the stairs and to the kitchen, and it's empty all but Karen, and she is busy so Jack helps herself to what she needs. Looking around the kitchen, she can't decide what to make, and she taps her foot against the floor, she wants to make something good, and she knows that Negan loves her cooking but it still has to be perfect. Jack is a major perfectionist, always has been so this is hard for her to decide and make it right.

"What the fuck am i going to make, damn it we have like no food this is really pissing me off" Jack talks to herself and she usually does when she is pissed and there's no one around her. Looking around she sees cans of chicken broth, but she has no clue what to use them for. But she also sees canned peaches and then she thinks about a dessert she could make with them.

"I could make him some peach cobbler, i just need something else, maybe i can make soup again, maybe minestrone soup and then make this peach cobbler for dessert, i hope Negan likes peaches" Jack grabs the two cans and some of the broth, she needs pasta and some veggies but she has to get them from the big fridge.

Jack sets down the items on the table, and opens the fridge where she picks out what is left of the tomatoes, carrots, onions and kale. She also picks out butter, and milk for the peach cobbler as well as flour from the pantry. Luckily hilltop has cows that produce milk, and butter and they also make their own flour so Jack is happy she can make this for her amazing boyfriend.

Placing everything inside of a bag, Jack is stopped by Karen in the kitchen before she can leave. "Hey, Jack how are you sweetie, i'm sorry about what happened just know that i was not a part of that earlier, the workers stormed past me in a rage and i stayed out of it, i knew all along that Negan would be okay, but i worried about you and how scared you must have been and now we are running out of food, i mean by all means you can have what you want we will get more but we can't exactly get to the gardens right now"

"Thanks Karen i was scared, Negan almost died today so i though i would treat him to a nice meal, just for him" Jack looks to the floor and Karen looks to her.