Chapter 58 - Great Escape

The dead continue to roar and bang along the trailer that Negan is still trapped in. Jack is inside at the moment pacing back and forth in their room, she really needed some time to herself. The stress from the others is getting to her head and she can't focus properly. Jack is going crazy without Negan, she needs him so bad and if she could she would go out and get him if she could.

Negan listens as the dead rumble outside the door, while him and Gabriel sit quietly. They have been in there at least a few hours, time is ticking away and they are running out of options. Negan is worried to death about the shit going on inside, mostly just about Jack and what she is doing right now. He needs to get out of here, before bad shit happens inside and he has to stop it before it even comes about.

"You helped the weak before this?" Gabriel speaks up, asking Negan directly and Negan looks to him.

"Kids" Negan states, and it makes him think about the past and how he was tough on kids. He met Jack when she was 17, and it was wrong that he had a thing for her since she was a student, but he is happy to have her now, and even back then when they were friends. "You don't show them the way, well they turn out like garbage. That's how i met Jack she was a student but she moved in across the street from me as well, but we were friends, i helped her a few times and then she moved away, but 12 years later she is my one and only"

Gabriel listens to him talk. "But the little assholes become great big ones, so you show them the way and adults well they need it too.. the government, laws and religion, the guilt. People are weak.

"Everyone?" He questions.

"Everyone" Negan corrects and it is most likely true when he says it. People need to toughen up in today's world and that is why he has soldiers who can actually kick ass and get shit done, and he has counted on these people and workers to do things the right way so they can all manage to stay alive.

"You're weak, killing the innocent"

"Right and goddamn wrong, i'm weak but me killing the innocent? That ain't why Gabey" he stands up as banging continues to shake the trailer, growling is intensifying as well. There has to be hundreds of walkers around out there, and it will be a hell of a fight if Negan manages to get out. He needs to figure out another way and pretty soon.

One breaks through a board, it's arm now dangles inside and they both realize it won't be long till they get inside and rips them apart. They both are outnumbered by an immense amount of dead, and they could be dead very soon. "We'll wait a little bit longer, see if my people can pull their shit together, and i know my girl will she is tough like me, but those other assholes most likely they think i'm dead, but i know Jack she won't ever give up on me and that is why she is my life"

Negan leans against the wall as Gabriel stares at him. "Why are you weak?" He then asks.

"That's the wrong question. It is how i am weak. But you see i am also strong as fuck. Everyone is a mix and you can use your weaknesses to drive your strength, and obviously that makes me strong as fucking shit, and i took this place, it was a shit show, a free for all, a confederation of damn assholes, an army made of up gangs and animals, but i brought it all together. The last guy that was in charge, he wasn't in charge of shit. See i took this place from him with the help of my man Simon, and that is how the saviors started, and then well you can tell that we grew in size over the years and now look.

"He allowed people to be weak, and i don't, i make them strong which makes the world fuckin' strong, and you're going to see Gabey. See i'm gonna make you my new special project. So i'm gonna make you nice and strong, too. We're gonna find your special purpose. Hell yes we fucking are"