28 | Parents & Lies

Start from the beginning

Jungkook returned the laugh. "Well, trouble has never tasted so good."

Jungkook processed what he had just said.

Fuck.

"It's a special here," Jimin covered for him quickly, kicking Jungkook's shin under the table. "Jungkook is really funny, isn't he? I'm trying so hard not to laugh right now."

Thankfully, Jimin's parents broke into a fit of controlled laughter as Jungkook gulped nervously, avoiding Jimin's death glares.

"Son, we made it," a deep voice resonated. Jungkook looked back to see Namjoon in a suit. It was absolutely terrifying. "Ah, you must be the Parks."

"Mr. Jeon, it's so good to meet you," Mr. Park greeted with a grin, looking between Jungkook and Namjoon a couple of times.

Jungkook knew what he was thinking: They look nothing alike. But he foresaw this and had practiced his adoption speech in the mirror hours prior to dinner.

"Yes, Jungkook," Jimin pressed, a forced smile on his lips. "It's so good to finally meet your father."

I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, Jungkook thought. Or maybe I'll be walking to Sarge's place naked again.

"Ah, where's your mother?" Mrs. Park asked, a curious smile playing on her lips.

Before Jungkook could open his mouth, a voice called from behind, "Sorry, I'm late."

Jin.

Jungkook never wanted to die so badly.

He coughed a little and mustered a smile as Jin put his hands on Jungkook's shoulder. "Actually, I have two dads."

"We found a surrogate," Jin explained.

"I'm adopted," Jungkook said at the same time.

Jin and Jungkook exchanged a look. "We adopted a surrogate," they said in unison.

━━━━━━━━

"Can I have a tiny slice of lemon meringue?" Jungkook asked the waitress. "Like, just a tiny slice... like I don't even deserve it."

"I—okay."

"Seokjin, tell me how you and Namjoon met," Mrs. Park said with a smile.

Seokjin glanced at Namjoon, faltering for a moment. "Well... I was dating this girl and she broke up with me because I kissed a stranger at pride. But it was a guy... I thought pride was a free gay card day."

"I was the stranger," Namjoon clarified with a low chuckle. "And I have never felt so lucky." He reached for Seokjin's hand and squeezed it.

Jungkook scooted his chair away from them. He was sick of those love birds being touchy while Jimin was repeatedly kicking his shin under the table.

"Oh, what happened to the girl?" Mr. Park questioned, curious about the fake girlfriend.

But Seokjin was far too happy about holding Namjoon's hand to finish the story. "Whatever, I don't even care. She's just a number in my excel spreadsheet."

Mrs. Park seemed satisfied with the response. "Well, our dear Jimin struggled a lot with being gay in the past. I'm so glad he can finally be open about his sexuality and has met a fine man like your son."

"Yeah," Jimin gushed, voice laced with sarcasm. "I love my honest, caring, mature boyfriend." He reached over and took Jungkook's hand, squeezing it tightly. "I can always count on him."

Jungkook winced, smiling through the pain. "Love you too, buddy," he grunted out.

━━━━━━━━

"Are you mad?" Jungkook asked with a sigh.

Jimin had excused him and Jungkook from the table for a brief moment so they could "have a chat." Jungkook was scared out of his mind, thinking that he was going to be dumped on the spot. While Jimin pulled him into a blind spot, all he could think about was losing him.

"No, I'm pissed." Jimin crossed his arms. "If you didn't want to have dinner with my parents, you could've told me."

"I wanted to, trust me," Jungkook explained. "My parents are just... very, very Catholic."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"You should still communicate better." Jimin punched his shoulder. "Well, they're going to accept you eventually, and you're not getting out of this; you have to tell them eventually," he said. "I'll explain to my parents about tonight and you are going to figure out how to tell your parents."

"I hate it when you make me work for our relationship," Jungkook said.

Jimin scowled. "Lazy bitch."

Jungkook kissed his shoulder. "But I'll do it," he agreed. "I'll get Captain and Jin out of here."

"Oh no." Jimin tugged him by the hand. "We're getting through this whole dinner."

Fuck.

"Let's break up."

"Tragic. Not falling for it."

━━━━━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I wonder if jeonjungkook7 is ever gonna come back on Wattpad and I wonder what their reaction would be when they see a bunch of tags from this book.

Who do you think is gonna get together first? Sope or Namjin?

Okay okay, but consider: Taegiseok

Okay bye, I shall go cry over Stray Kids now and Jisung's jeekies.