02 | Blind Men & Bonding Exercises

"We have an emergency, we have a giant fucking emergency!" Jimin yelled, his voice raising by the octave as Taehyung guided him into the precinct. "And fuck you, Hoseok!"

"I breathed," Hoseok said.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked from his desk.

"I lost my contacts," Jimin said.

"Use your glasses," Yoongi suggested.

"I lost those too!"

"Oh," Yoongi deadpanned. "Sucks."

Taehyung let go of Jimin. "Yoongi, Jimin's practically blind without his glasses," he explained as Jimin walked into the side of a vending machine and hit his head.

"Hey, thanks!" Jungkook said gratefully to Jimin (who was laying on the ground). He pulled out two bags of chips from the vending machine. "Whatever you did saved me another dollar."

"What's going on here?" Namjoon asked, walking out from his office.

"Oh, Captain! Jimin's blind," Jungkook said.

Jimin scrambled to his feet. "It's no big deal, Captain! I can still work just fine!"

"Officer Park," Namjoon said slowly.

"Yes, Captain."

"You're talking to a plant."

Jimin flushed and turned around quickly to face Jungkook. "Sorry Captain, I'm just a bit disoriented."

"A bit?" Jungkook asked with a snort and placed his hands on Jimin's shoulders, turning him around. "That's the Captain, bud."

"It's just a minor inconvenience, Captain!" Jimin assured. "I can definitely work as normal, no problem."

Namjoon rubbed his chin and then his eyes gleamed as an idea sparked in his mind. "I have the perfect team-building exercise," he said.

"Here we go," Jungkook muttered under his breath.

"Officer Jeon, you're going to be assisting Officer Park today and making sure that he doesn't get into any sort of trouble," Namjoon said with a knowing smile. "I expect you guys to be on better terms after this."

"Excuse me?" Jungkook asked, raising his hand. "Yeah, what the fuck?"

"Language!" Hoseok yelled from his desk.

"But, Captain, what if I have to use the restroom?" Jimin asked.

"Jungkook will help you," Namjoon said as if it was the most obvious answer.

"He can drown in the toilet for all I care," Jungkook said, dragging out the last syllable once Namjoon shot him a glare. "I mean, I won't even let him drown in the toilet."

Jimin looked at the plant. "Why would I do that?"

━━━━━━━━

"I fucking hate this," Jimin said.

"You don't think I hate it?" Jungkook asked. "I could be eating a donut or making a mixtape of Yoongi snoring, but here I am babysitting you." He scoffed and Jimin rolled his eyes, causing Jungkook to raise a brow at him. "Bold move for someone who can't see."

Jimin punched his shoulder and bent down a little when he saw a small figure. "Hey kiddo, are you lost? Do you know your parent's numbers?" he asked, concern washing over his face.

"Uh... Jimin, that's a fire hydrant," Jungkook said.

━━━━━━━━