20 | Cleanup Day & Library Chases

"How did you forget your glasses and contacts again?" Taehyung asked as he watched Jimin aimlessly walk around the break room. "Do you even have glasses or contacts?"

"Leave me alone," Jimin said and reached into the fridge blindly. "I just need to find the cheese to put in my soup."

"Jimin," Taehyung said, watching his fellow officer pick up a tomato. "That is not the cheese."

━━━━━━━━

"We're doing a cleanup today, officers," Namjoon declared. "This precinct is an absolute mess."

"That's because Jungkook works here," Jin reminded.

Jimin walked back from the break room with a bowl of soup. "I found the cheese," he said and offered Taehyung a spoonful of soup.

Taehyung took a sip and scrunched up his nose. "It doesn't taste very cheesy," he whispered and hushed Jimin. "The Captain's on his period again."

"The precinct looks fine to me," Jungkook told Namjoon.

Namjoon, looking completely unfazed by Jungkook's question, held up two pictures side-by-side. "Officer Jeon, one of these is a garbage dump in the Philippines and one is your locker. Can you guess which one's your locker?"

Jungkook pondered for moments and pointed to the one without the rat. "That's my locker."

"They're both your locker!" Namjoon shouted, frustrated.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad!" Jungkook complained.

"You are the only officer I know that keeps mice in their desk."

Namjoon walked over to Jungkook's desk and slid open a drawer to reveal a small mouse crawling around inside.

Jungkook gasped. "Oh my god, it's Algernon!" he exclaimed, scooping up the small rodent in his hands and holding it up for everyone to see. "Guys, I found Algernon!"

"Yay!" Taehyung cheered and threw a handful of thumbtacks across the room.

The officers shrieked and shielded themselves from being hit by the thumbtacks and looked at Taehyung, anger in their eyes.

"Taehyung, were those thumbtacks?" Yoongi growled. "What the hell?"

"I thought it would make good confetti."

"Why?!" Hoseok exclaimed.

Jin looked over at Jungkook's desk disapprovingly. "Didn't you have two mice?"

"Crap, you're right," Jungkook muttered and started going through his desk, much to Captain Namjoon's horror. "Can anyone find Beatrice?"

"Oh my god, you left a rat running loose here?" Hoseok asked.

"I think I remember seeing a rat in the kitchen," Yoongi informed.

Jimin and Taehyung froze and looked down at their soup. The two of them didn't move for a long time and stared at the soup in wonderment that they actually consumed it. Jimin slowly spooned into the broth and fished out a dead mouse from the bottom, holding it up for the precinct to see.

"Oh, I found him," Yoongi said, pointing at the small rat in Jimin's spoon.

Jin gagged and started laughing. "Did Jimin make ratatouille?"

"BEATRICE NO!" Jungkook screamed. "YOU COOKED MY RAT!"

Jimin barely moved. "I am going to throw up all over your goddamn desk."

Taehyung retched and held a fist to his mouth before bolting to the bathroom while Jimin just stared at Beatrice.

"Anyways," Namjoon interrupted. "Just clean the goddamn place up."