28 | Parents & Lies

Start bij het begin

━━━━━━━━

"Hey, Yoongi," Jungkook greeted with a wide grin. He looked down at the sluggish officer who was eating cup noodles. "What's for lunch?"

"Food."

Jungkook shook his head. "No, I mean, what are you having?"

"An unwanted conversation."

"God, okay." Jungkook groaned. "I need you to be my dad."

"You're fucking with me, right?"

"I need you to pretend to be my dad because Jimin's parents are coming tonight for dinner and they're expecting to meet my parents," Jungkook said. "But my dad is... absent."

"Oh." Yoongi's eyes widened but he didn't look sorry. "I'm sorry."

"He's not dead," Jungkook clarified. "But he is to me." Jungkook had a faraway look in his eyes for a moment. "Point is, my parents are homophobic and I need you to pretend to be my dad."

Yoongi sighed. "I'm going to give you some real advice. Not because I mean it, but because I know Sarge is close by and this kind of stuff makes him weak," he began. "You have a real relationship with Jimin. You should be honest with him about these things because he's in love with who you are. I don't know why but he is."

Jungkook sighed wistfully. "You're right. People love my dick but hate my personality. Jimin's the only one who switched those up."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to call my dad," Jungkook concluded and turned on his heel, heading away from Yoongi's desk. "Captain!"

"Dumb bitch," Yoongi muttered.

━━━━━━━━

"Sure, I'll pretend to be your dad," Namjoon agreed, treating the situation like air.

"That was so easy, holy shit," Jungkook whispered. "Are you for realsies?"

"Do all my paperwork for two weeks and you can call me daddy," he agreed, handing Jungkook a stack of folders.

Jungkook grimaced. He knew there was a catch; there was always a catch when it came to Namjoon. However, he was running out of options as well as time.

"Fine," he hissed, taking the folders. "And daddy is off the table, you kinky whore."

"Hey—"

"Don't fire me."

━━━━━━━━

Jungkook had to meet Jimin and his parents at an expensive Italian restaurant later that night. He was a bundle of nerves, hoping Captain would pull through and show up with his "mom" that he promised to find.

He made sure to text Jimin to play along, and although Jimin had no idea what he was talking about, he would find out shortly. Jungkook checked his hair in the window of the restaurant, smoothing it down and then checking his breath. He took a deep breath before he decided to walk in.

"Jungkook, over here!" Jimin called, waving him over to a table with two smiling parents.

"Jeon Jungkook, it is so good to meet you," Jimin's mother gushed, standing up and walking around to shake his hand.

"The pleasure is mine." Jungkook smiled, earning a proud look from Jimin.

Mr. Park let out a hearty chuckle. "I hope our Jimin hasn't been causing you too much trouble."